is it true, once a cheater always a cheater?

Me and my ex split up after being together 4 years. After some time apart we got talking ended up having a really good night, and i thought he would change and we ended up sleeping together. shortly after having sex he told me that he has met someone else. I was so upset!!! But wished him all the best. We kept civil and every now and again we wouldtext things like how r u.... hows the family....etc. but recently he has been saying he would like to meet up, and has been flirting with me, but i know he is still with this gril! Shorly he does not love this girl as 1. he has already cheated and 2. he is flirting with me!! He is 26 so a growen man? Will he ever change!!!

vikki699

Asked by vikki699 at 7:04 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• No he will never change! Take it from me! I been there done that. My (EX)bb dad Cheasted on me several times and I was so stupit for forgiving him. All it seems like is he is wanting ass from you, so why waste your time and risk getting a STD.
    Lindsey24

Answer by Lindsey24 at 7:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• He probably wont change. BUT there are men who are able to change. you never know.

I wouldnt meet this guy anymore though. Hes not worth your time.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:10 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• He is just playing on your feelings,
    DON"T stoop to his level, move on girl!
    LAXMOM111

Answer by LAXMOM111 at 7:10 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Well, in this case it doesn't sound like it. And if you're wanting to be with him, don't let him pull that crap. but what drew me to this question was the title...and I can say from personal experience, that "once a cheater, always a cheater" isn't a hardcore truth.
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 7:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• They can change, but that's not the problem after the fact. The real problem is you'll never fully trust again.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• No, beleive it or not, good men are capable of making mistakes, and bad men are capable of changing.....but this man does not seem to fit in either catagory at the moment. He may change in the future, but at this point in time, it just sounds like he is interested in sleeping around, and could care less about who he hurts.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 7:38 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I dont belive the term once a cheater always a cheater..... I was a cheater in my first marriage and I would never even think about cheating on my S/O now ever!! and i have never been able to say that in my life!!! Its all in where you are in your life and if you are happy with yourself so you can truley be happy with someone else!!! BUT IN THIS CASE HE SOUNDS LIKE A PIG
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 7:45 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• The saying once a cheater always a cheater, not so true... but this guy, sounds like he will always be one... Sorry... Good luck! Find someone where you dont have to worry about the drama!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:55 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• From my experience, once a cheater always a cheater. My ex cheated on me throughout our relationship and I didnt find out til the end. We finally met up as a coincidence and he was hitting on me INFRONT OF MY HUSBAND and he has told me has a girlfriend etc. But he openly admits he has more than one.
    Rose87

Answer by Rose87 at 8:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I can honestly tell you no it is not true. I cheated on my husband when we first got married (he hit me and a friend of his comforted me and one thing led to another". I have regretted that decision every minute since it happened. Since then I have had a few guys show interest, one of which made it clear he wanted to be friends with benefits, since then I never go near him, talk to him, or anything.
    dea121885

Answer by dea121885 at 8:25 PM on Oct. 18, 2008