Simple Question (Jesus)

I know I could probably look this up on like Biblegateway.com but I'm too lazy and will admit it. So those of you who seem to have the Bible memorized (not meaning that in a mean way, I just cannot remember verses like you all), can you give me the verses where Jesus says he is the son of God? Thanks!!

purpleducky

Asked by purpleducky at 2:41 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Jesus calls son "Father" and says things like "As the son/child of God" but there isn't to my knowledge any scripture where he is saying "I AM GODS ONE AND ONLY SON" It's more along the lines of referring to him and people in general as God's Children...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:43 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• john 3: 16
    Cynt1020

Answer by Cynt1020 at 2:48 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• read John 10:33-42
    (here's a portion of it: what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'? 37 Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does. 38 But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.")
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 2:49 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Matthew 5:9Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.
    Matthew 8:29"What do you want with us, Son of God?" they shouted. "Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?"
    Matthew 14:33Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, "Truly you are the Son of God."
    Matthew 16:16Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
    Sparrow4

Answer by Sparrow4 at 2:51 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• John 3:16
    "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Jesus is simply saying this happened, he isn't saying "I am the Son" he's simply saying God gave his Son...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:52 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Luke 22:10 "They all asked, "Are you then the Son of God?" He replied, "You are right in saying I am." (He may not say it specifically but He does confirm it.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 2:53 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Here are some where God says that Jesus is His
    [5] He was still speaking when, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him.”
    (Matthew 17:5 ESV)

[17] and behold, a voice from heaven said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.”
    (Matthew 3:17 ESV)

Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 2:54 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Ladies, the question is when did JESUS state that HE was the son of god... NOT, when did OTHER people state they thought he was or that he was or when did he mention the Son of God...

There are NO Biblical verses available where Jesus actually says "I am the son of God" without referring to mankind as a whole. While it is IMPLIED throughout the new testament, it is never actually stated by Jesus himself as fact.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:54 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Luke 22:70 They all asked, "Are you then the Son of God?" He replied, "You are right in saying I am."
    John 10:36 Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?
    Sparrow4

Answer by Sparrow4 at 2:55 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Why is it not good enough that God said it and Christ affirms it?
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 2:56 PM on Sep. 18, 2010