finding out

Did you or are you going to find out the sex of your baby? why or why not?
Did you have any funny stories about finding out the sex?

Jasmine0530

Asked by Jasmine0530 at 7:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I am not pregant right now but will be ttc in March 09. With my second son...I really thought I was having a girl, so when the ultrasound tech told me it was a boy I actually said " Are you sure?" lol I think she was annoyed by me! :D
    myfamilymylife2

Answer by myfamilymylife2 at 7:25 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I didn't with #1, did with #2 & #3. with #1, I just forgot to ask LOL I felt like an idiot after I left and realized I forgot to ask.
    Anonymous

• I found out with my son, my first pregnancy, I was so excited to be having a son. Of course I wanted a healthy baby but was hoping for a boy. I think it helps you to bond even more with your baby early on cuz then you can choose a name and its easier to talk to your belly. With my daughter we were unable to find out for sure and Im finding that Im having a much more difficult time bonding with her....
    Nora1

Answer by Nora1 at 7:28 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Oh sorry I forgot to put "why". I found out the gender through ultrasound with both my pregnanices. I really wanted to know who was growing inside me and also I am a planner so I wanted the room and all the clothes to be ready for the baby!!!
    myfamilymylife2

Answer by myfamilymylife2 at 7:32 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Mine was kind of funny and kind of creepy too. I originally did not want to find out the sex. The night before I was going to get an ultrasound I had a dream that if I were to find out the sex of the baby that day it would be a boy, and if I waited the baby would be a girl. The funny and creepy thing was that my dream was so close to the real thing like the room was the same color and the pictures on the wall were the same and everything. It was like an advanced dejavue (SP) kind of thing. I am very superstitious and I wanted a girl so I wasn’t going to find out the sex, cause of the dream.
    Jasmine0530

Answer by Jasmine0530 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Well the day of the ultrasound came and while I was getting the ultrasound I told the Dr that was doing it that I didn’t want to find out the sex and the DR said ok. Well while she was getting the measurements of the head, the baby flipped putting the private area in the screen for everyone to see, well the DR told me to look away so I didn’t see and she moved the picture away from the shot. Well as she was getting another measurement the baby did the same thing and put the private area in the shot, and again the DR moved it away. Well after like 3 or 4 times of the baby doing the same thing and me seeing HIS little thing each time (or at least that’s what I thought I was seeing) I finally ask the DR if the baby was a boy. And sure enough he was. I guess my son really wanted to show HISself off. And I always think that I guess from the dream he really wanted to be a boy so he made sure I found out that day.
    Jasmine0530

• i wanted to know all along. I had a stubborn baby girl.. She was breached the entire time, and always had her legs tight together... I had like 15 ultrasounds (no problems, doc just liked to check)... Never could they tell me... They told me boy twice and girl twice... If I had it to do all over, maybe I would like it to be a surprise by choice :)
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:58 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• We were hoping to find out a couple of weeks ago but the baby was not wanting us to know that day. The baby's umb. cord was between the legs, legs were closed, on its tummy, cuddling the placenta...The tech tried to move the baby but the baby fought back. We go in a week and half and hope to have better luck then. We want to know because we want to not have a neutral nursery...and we hate surprises.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:15 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I had to know the sex in both of my pregnancies! I have two beautiful girls. I just couldn't stand not knowing. But I'm also the type of person who has to know eveything, like what the presents are and stuff like that.
    hayaddy

Answer by hayaddy at 9:39 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• yes because i wanted to prepare. and i'm just too damn curious to not know!
    CNehneva

Answer by CNehneva at 9:50 PM on Oct. 18, 2008