can u drink well breastfeeding???

Ach. drinks,,, also how many???

Cynt1020

Asked by Cynt1020 at 3:11 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 4:04 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• gailll- i would love to be able to just ignore you but to be honest your answers offend me...i wish you would find some other place to be a bitch
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 3:35 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• yes! you dont want to drink a beer and breastfeed at the same time LOL but you can drink! It takes about an hour for 1 beer to leave your system so typically if you want to have a few beers, make sure you nurse your baby first. And in that case, it's best to wait to drink at their bedtime. That way you at least have a few hours before the next nursing! If your supply is in, you could always pump some fresh milk too just in case (thats what I did). A very small percentage of alcohol goes into the milk. You dont want to exactly take shots of whiskey all night, but just a few beers or a glass or two of wine will be fine! No need to pump and dump.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:15 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• LMAO at gailll. That's funny.

It's ok. Not like enough to get plastered. And I wouldn't suggest liquor. But beer, wine or wine coolers, something like that. It helps to relax you. I was really stressed at one point, and my son was feeling it. He reacted and wouldn't nurse. My mom had me come over to her house and have a cooler. After I took a nap, I was relaxed. Then my son was relaxed more, he would nurse.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 3:51 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Some infants won't breastfeed after mom's had some alcohol as it can make the breastmilk taste different.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:32 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• 1-2 drinks you are generally OK to nurse. More then that I'd wait 2-3 hours per drink before nursing again. No need to pump/dump, unless you are pumping to relieve engorgement or keep up supply.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:19 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• One, once a week at most.... Don't suggest it though.., Others may say more, however LLI.org suggests no more then one time a week
    Wildkitten82

Answer by Wildkitten82 at 3:13 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• No it will be passed into your breast milk
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 12:42 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• The drink gets into your breast milk the same way it gets into your blood. However long it takes for the drink to get out of your blood, it takes the same time to get it out of your breast milk. That part depends on your height. I would say that you can drink and breast feed. I am still "breast feeding" and have a drink after I pump in the evening before dinner. (I am pumping all the time now and feed it to our son in a bottle because he has sensitive gums and is teething. He has two bottom teeth already.)
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 12:31 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• giving your baby a bottle - artificial nipples - or formula is worse than drinking alcohol.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:22 PM on Sep. 18, 2010