Bonding

Please no judgements. Please be kind. I am a young mother of two children my son is 18 months. I was so in love with my little my little guy right from the start. I couldnt imagine my life without him. I also have a 5 month old daughter that I love as well. but, Im finding that im having a difficult time feeling the same way about her that I do my son. I would NEVER hurt my kids, but I seem to have less patience for her. Ive even had times where Ive had to call someone over to help. Im not sure really what my question is...just looking for any thoughts...

Nora1

Asked by Nora1 at 7:33 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• And, it's OK to ask others for help. Your babies are really close in age and it is a handful! Admiting you need help is not a sign of failure. It is a sign of you being responsible enough to know what your limitations are!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 7:56 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• sounds like a bit of PPD. talk to your doctor.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 7:34 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Maybe lack of sleep is making u feel that way.
    Klomas1988

Answer by Klomas1988 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I have been there! I love all my kids the same, but there is an easy bonding with the first one. They get all your time and attention...LOL! But, with the second one it's just harder because you have two children to take care of, and you are TIRED!!!
    I had to purposefully remind myself to enjoy my time with him. I found that I would get frustrated when he wanted to nurse, because I had so many other things to do. The thought of sitting down for 20 minutes was not enjoyable - especially in the middle of the night. But, I made myself slow down, breathe a little, and concentrate on my baby. I would take that time to look at him, really look at him, rub his little cheeks, take in his baby smells, etc.
    And you know, he is now 13 and probably the one I am "bonded" to the most =)
    Don't worry, just try to slow down and enjoy your precious little girl.
    christyg

• I had an issue with my second child too, thankfully my hubby was home alot and they have a great bond now. YOu recognize it and I would say its PPD, talk to a doctor about it.
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 8:22 PM on Oct. 18, 2008