odd question

this may sound really odd but just don't take me the wrong way. I have a one month old. I am home alone and desperatly need a shower. my husband will not be home from work until in the middle of the night. My son will not take a nap lol and being home alone I dont want to leave him in his crib where I can't here him if he cries (we don't have a monitor). Would it be odd if I just took him in the shower with me and held him or sat him in his tub? please tell me I'm not the only mom that has done that.

travisnowensmom

Asked by travisnowensmom at 3:26 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think I would take him in the shower WITH you he may get chilled. You could always sit him in a bouncer in the room with you and take a bath so that way he could still see you?
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 3:29 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• LOL! You won't scar your child. It's perfectly ok and perfectly normal.
    Wildkitten82

Answer by Wildkitten82 at 3:30 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• taking a kid in the shower with me kinda scares me...what if he slipped out of your hands? how about put him in a bouncer in the bathroom with you so you can watch him....and take a 2 minute shower? thats always how i did it!
    kh717

Answer by kh717 at 3:31 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I didn't ever take them in the shower with me. I used the bouncer or their car seat.. I made sure they could still see me and hear me. They were perfectly fine as long as they were in the room with me.
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 3:32 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• i didnt think about putting him in his bouncer...he doesnt like it too much though. i gotta do something..i smell of death haha
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• When mine were that little I put them in their bouncer or carseat while I showered. I wouldn't put a baby that small in the tub with me without help around, although I did that when DH was home.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:33 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• your baby will be fine in the crib as long as your shower isnt like an hour long LOL. Does he have any crib mobiles you can turn on? Or is there a radio in his room? If you just dont want to do that, do you have a bouncer? I used to stick my son in his bouncer and put him in the bathroom with me. He liked hearing me talk or sing. Taking a bath with him is fine too! But if you want some me-time, I'd do the bouncer or crib!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:34 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• please do not take him into the shower with you - it is too dangerous - you could drop him - any one of a number of accidents could happen - why not just go out and get a monitor - and let him stay safely in his crib while you took a shower - i never heard of any rule that a mom had to keep her eyes on her baby 24/7 at one month old - he will be safe in his crib - just make sure he is fed, dry and happy - you'll have the monitor for your sake - in case he starts crying in a way you are not used to hearing him cry - try to relax a little, mommy - he won't break on you - i know it's all new to you - but you WILL come through with flying colors - i can tell what a good mommy you are by your question - have fun with that little one!!! and, for God's sake, take that shower!! lol
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 3:35 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• thanks :D
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 3:39 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I took mine in the bath tub occasionally when the first one was a baby I just layed him in his seat and took a bath as well. we also did the bouncy seat thing right outside to shower door as well. Kust make sure that if you have pets or anyhting they can't knock him over. Sometimes we moms have to steal a shower once in awhile:)
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 3:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2010