Would you transfer?

Several things happened, but the lawyer said there is no legal matter in my concerns...

There have been two weeks, and i do not know whether to transfer my daughter to another school (she is very hard to adjust to new places). or go further in educational system and complain (which I think might not help)...

ganna04

Asked by ganna04 at 3:32 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in

• without knowing the circumstances, i honestly can't say...... but if it's the other students, then no... theres always going to be kids that aren't taught the same as yours.... if it's the teachers, go higher up.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 3:35 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• The problem is with teacher...i think she is picking up on my daughter...
    ganna04

Comment by ganna04 (original poster) at 3:44 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• and the school refuses to transfer her to other class by any circumstances, while other kids have higher quality teachers.
    ganna04

Comment by ganna04 (original poster) at 3:45 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• how old is your daughter? is there any "proof" that the teacher is? i know that sometimes personalities clash..... unless it is effecting her school work, i would just keep her in the class. kids gotta learn that not everyone is easy to be around... but then, this is just my opinion.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 3:50 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• My daughter is 5. The proof- my daughter cried when was asked to write something, The teacher told her not to use her finger nd remembr she comes to school and states that she do not know what they learned, the teacher told her that he cannot get a snack out of lunch box, because the box is for lunch.

I myself very dissatisfied with the teacher's style she favors some kids, forgets others, overall the level of teaching in her room is very low.
    I donno...
    ganna04

Comment by ganna04 (original poster) at 3:58 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• My son is in k this year and I can sorta understand where you are coming from, but I think you may be over reacting. There are certain rules the children need to follow, and I know even at the school my son is in they have the rule about not taking stuff out of the lunch box for snack. That we have to pack that seperately. Which I dont think is a big deal. I ask my son everyday what he did in school and he tells me that he doesnt remember, It is typical for their age. So much happens through out the day that they dont remember, Try asking your daughter if she read a book, and if she can tell you about the book. Asking specific things. How is it the teachers fault that your daughter cried when asked to write something? Isnt that the teachers job to have the children learn, like writing, reading? Maybe your daughter is feeling over whelmed. Have you simplely tried talking to the teacher and working something out?
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 4:22 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• my kid cries when i ask her to clean up her toys........ i don't pick on her. sounds like they have different rules than you do at home.... which is understandable. i think you may be overreacting, a bit.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 5:10 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I think you need to give it more time. Try setting up a time to talk calmly with the teacher.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 6:18 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• thanks, yes, maybe, but the teacher is very authoritarian, she does not allow kids many things that i would say acceptable- like going to bathroom if you need even if you on the lesson. Like re-asking what was supposed to do, if you did not hear she states that 'next time you will listen'. i know it just impossible to prove, but i think some parents pay this teacher and she seats more with their children...
    ganna04

Comment by ganna04 (original poster) at 6:46 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Some of the things are rules she has to follow at school. It is life...we have rules we have to follow. I think you are overreacting the situation.

Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:39 PM on Sep. 18, 2010