Would sell everything you own in order to save your home from going into foreclosure?

I watch a video about 6 months ago where these companies would go into homes that have been foreclosed on and would throw away everything that was left in the home. There were wide screen televisions, kitchen appliances, clothes, family albums, and everything in between.

At the time I thought if I were going to lose everything in the home I would rather sell it all, and relocate or attempt to keep the home a little bit longer.

What would you do?

Nohardship

Asked by Nohardship at 3:51 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have sorta heard of the same thing... but I new someone who had gone through this situation. She went into a deep depression because she was losing her house, and left everything... when I say everything I mean everything family photos, sofas, tv, anything you can thing of! She had the choice to take the stuff but chose not too. I guess if I were in that situation I would do everything I could to save my home, but I would save my possesions too.
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 3:56 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• i would try to sell the house and move into an apartment...... (i would also sell the unnecessary furniture...) no need to try to save a house that you can't afford anymore. but then, i've never owned a home, maybe my opinion will change once i do.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 3:57 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I would sell everything but things that couldn't be replaced and take those things with me and move to a more affordable place. If I am facing forclosure and sell everything, pay it off then it will just happen again if I stay.
    Bugbait

Answer by Bugbait at 4:01 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• sell, people lived without luxieries before...we don't even have internet or cable right now we let it go so we can keep paying on our rent we just have movies to watch right now.
    meliscool72

Answer by meliscool72 at 4:03 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I would sell everything before loosing the home, especially if it was going to be lost anyways
    KayMMIV

Answer by KayMMIV at 4:09 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I would definately try to do whatever I could do and make foreclosue the final option.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:13 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• It depends. Sometimes selling everything you have is only prolonging the problem. Like if you bit off more than you could chew with the mortgage, no amount of selling and couponing is going to keep you afloat indefinitely.

I wouldn't just leave it to the bank though. I think legally in most states they have to put the stuff on the sidewalk. But that's often just the same as throwing it away. That makes me sad for those people :(
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 7:00 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I would try to sell big ticket items.
    socialworker227

Answer by socialworker227 at 8:12 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• if i knew i was going to lose my home then i wouldnt let it get so bad i had to abandon my stuff...i would sell the things i didnt want or need to help pay for an apartment for the first month or two..i would never leave behind things i cared about
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:20 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• i would try my best to sell my items so that i wouldn't lose my home! If i had a car that i were still making payments on, i'd sell it and get something real cheap. i'd sell anything i could to get some money, except for irreplacable items.
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 2:22 AM on Sep. 19, 2010