Thinking about talking to my sons doc about circumsizing him?

When I had my son I wasn't married I was on state insurents and the hospital wanted $500 to circumsize him and circumsition wasn't some thing my then boyfriend wanted done to his son. Now he is 9 (10 in Sept.) and starting to have rashes in the area and the skin will not pull back my current husband said to try to get an appointment but how the hell do I bring it up to the doc. and not scare my son?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• just do it discreetly. don't tell the school whateveryou do. my next door neighbor did it during school and everyone found out her 13 year old son was getting a penis surgery. major, life long scars from that embarassment.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:09 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Just tell the doctor what you just told us. he can either give you more info about doing it, or can give you other ways to deal with the problems he is having. You have to be straightforward and not be ashamed. Once you have made a final decision, talk to your son trufully about why you want him to have it done.
    sapient

Answer by sapient at 6:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I agree with Sap Gl Mama=)
    Kim24kids

Answer by Kim24kids at 6:50 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I agree..my doctor was extremely helpful when it came to this.
    lucysmomrocks

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 8:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2008