Id love another baby but my parnter isnt keen, we.ve ben together nearly 4 years, live together and we know this is it. He wants to wait till we're older but since I already have a 4.5 yr old from a previous relatonship I'd like her to be close to her sibling. Its not a topic I push with him but would just like to talk to someone in similer situation, thanks

DawnLauren

Asked by DawnLauren at 3:53 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• I was in the opposite place. My husband wanted one last year and I wanted to wait. Apparently I didn't take into account that it took us a year to conceive our first baby lol. So my son will be at least three before we get pregnant and I can't help but thinking I waited too long :(
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 3:57 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• So what are you saying? You want to have another baby but your man isn't ready well pressuring him to something he doesn't want is not the right thing to do either why don't you two come to a agreement on a time period. Going behind his back and lieing isn't the answer either. Maybe there is a reason behind the fact that he doesn't want to have a baby yet.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:57 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Dont worry I wudnt lie or do it without him bein ready, his a fantastic step dad to my daughter, his thing is cost. He wants to be in a better place fianancly before we do, which I completly understand. I can wait though cos I know when it does happen it'l be worth it.
    DawnLauren

Comment by DawnLauren (original poster) at 4:06 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• unfortunatly it takes two to tango and if he isnt ready right now, you are kinda needing to respect that. I know it is frustrating , i have been there too.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 5:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• thanks guys. all my friends are young free and single so not really great for baby talk.
    DawnLauren

Comment by DawnLauren (original poster) at 5:46 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Don't rush, things will work itself out. Although you would like the children to be close in age, it wouldn't be a good thing to push it on your partner into. When the time is right, the two of you can better plan things. Good luck.
    ladycertz

Answer by ladycertz at 10:16 PM on Sep. 18, 2010