My Sons Legs Looked Bruised From his ankles to his knees after t ball(Calling all moms with kids that have allergies)

My son is 5 i have never notice this before until last week.. last week we were out side playing catch and his legs looked like they were covered in bruised very spotty, the spots were kinda red/and dark purple.. just bruises.. or kinda like a skin pigment.. there are no welts or bumps... he doesnt feel any pain, i also noticed this when he was walking home from the bus.. his legs will stay this way and slowly fade within an hour to 3 hours... i thought it was just irritation from grass, but i begain to notice it more and today while he was in tball he was way out in the out field and i could see it on his legs, very dramatic. i took him to the doc right after that they took his blood and the doc said he was going to run some test and he said it could be allergies?!?! Has anyone heard of this or has a child who has the same thing?

SammiGirl07

Asked by SammiGirl07 at 4:03 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Health

• no sorry- but giving you a bump - good luck.
    emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 4:15 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I am allergic to mosquito bites & that happens to me at times the bruising etc. but I am not sure if this is the same thing also going to bump you & GL.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:18 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• could it be poor circulation? do his feet ever tingle? has he ever had any type of bloodwork done? my feet turn purple if i stand too long, poor circ... but the blotchiness makes me wonder if he has any blood sugar problems....
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 4:19 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• i havent here's a bump
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 6:57 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• my son is allergic to just about everything outdoors..grass is really bad right now and he doesnt react that way..howevery your child could have a different reaction. You should still have him tested. My son usually will get puffy eyes and a nasty hacking cough
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:05 PM on Sep. 19, 2010