Help I need game ideas for my 9 year old birthday. Approx. 6 guest

countrymomma007

Asked by countrymomma007 at 7:44 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• Musical chairs is an old one, but my kids love it.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 7:48 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Popping ballons by sitting on them.

You divide them up into two teams.
    Stand them in a line (2 lines)
    Need two chairs, one for each team
    Have them run to the chair with their balloon (one at at time), and they have to pop it by sitting on it, when they pop it they run to the back of the line and the next team member goes.
    Whichever team pops all their balloons first wins.

It's really not that easy to sit on a balloon and pop it, that's what makes it fun.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 7:52 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• you can make slips with names of pop faves (actors, singers, cartoon characters) and each child gets one taped to their forehead and they have to guess who they are by hints from others. hot potato. is it boys or girls? american idol, or dance contest, or charades for the drama girls
    driftwood

Answer by driftwood at 7:54 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• When I was young, my mom gave us great parties for small groups like this. One of our favorite games ('cuz it was noisy and not as easy as it looked!), was the Clothespin in a Jar Game. She'd put a chair in the middle of the floor, and place a widemouthed mason jar on the floor just behind it. We'd take turns kneeling on the chair, and from reaching over the back, we'd have to drop a clothespin into the jar and see who made it and who didn't. Another mom would take $1.00 in pennies and place them around the house/room/yard, and allow 15 minutes to scavenger hunt for them. The person who found the most, got to keep the entire $1.00! Pin the Tail on the Donkey (or other renditions, like Tooth on the Dragon, Wings on the Fairy, etc.); for girls, Make Up the Friends & see who does the best/worst jobs; for guys, Design a Race Track (on paper).
    Have fun!!!! Wish I was a kid again!!!
    ChefMom94

Answer by ChefMom94 at 8:28 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I love to theme parties so I would consider what she really likes and do it, having the party there if you can (movie theatre, skating ring, bowling alley) Sleepovers are great for that age. Have pizza, a movie and snacks for later. They usually come up with sometihng fun themselves at that age. She can ask them to bring games, DVDs, CDs.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 10:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Boy or Girl? My son just had a bike race party for his tenth birthday. We put little flags ($1.50 for 20) around the block to mark the path, used sidewalk chalk to make the starting line, and crepe paper for the finish line. I also went to the trophy shop and got a real trophy and had it engraved for the winner (It cost about $9), and rosette ribbons for 2nd and 3rd.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 1:58 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I printed out flyers for the bike race (party info), stating the sign in time (12:00), and the race start time (1:00). In place of "Please RSVP" I put: You must pre-register by calling (my phone number). I also put on the flier that helmets are required, no exceptions. I even added the race sponsors logos on the bottom: Costco, Visa and My Bank's logo. (Because that is where I got the money, and where I spent it all. LOL) I used black and white table covers to make a stage backdrop, and got a confetti popper to open when we announced the winners. The kids LOVED it!
    It was by far the cheapest and most fun party I have ever done.
    3gifts.from.god

• This is the best age group! The kids are old enough to do all the fun games. One game all the kids love was to write down silly actions on folded papers and pick them out of a hat or bowl. Everyone sits in a circle and the first kid picks a paper, it could say "dance ballet" or "wear your socks on your ears until your next turn" You just pass the hat or bowl around until everyone has a turn, and has to do some silly thing. Also, make a home made cake, and buy frosting sprinkles candies all the stuff to decorate the cake and let the kids decorate it themselves! They will love doing this, and it's cheaper for you than buying a cake.

MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 4:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• you can play twister my kids love it
    kelly10456

Answer by kelly10456 at 4:57 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• We had a manicuring party for my 8 years old. We rented a manicuring machine called iNail. It gives you a manicure with cute designs. It was really neat.
    All the girls loved it and it was a blast.

Check out their website for more info: http://iNailParty.com
    lizfriedman12

Answer by lizfriedman12 at 1:30 AM on Nov. 1, 2008