I just want to know if someone else experienced bleeding and cramping and had a healthy pregnancy. adult content

I just found out 2 days ago that I'm pregnant. A couple days before, I was bleeding and cramping. I tried to get into see my doctor but she wasn't in on Friday, another Dr was, but refused to see me and told me to go to the ER. I went to the ER, they did blood work, a pelvic Exam & an ultrasound. My hcg level in my bloodwork came back at 110! The Dr. said that if there was a such thing as barely pregnant, that's me. during the pelvic exam, the swabs came back with bright red blood and the speculum also had blood on it. The first two things that he said was "miscarriage" & "threatened miscarriage". He also said it could be fine. They didn't see anything on the ultrasound because I'm too early. Way to scare me though...Anyway...I'm really scared.

MegFouq

Asked by MegFouq at 4:17 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• also...they didn't see anything on the ultrasound. they said I'm too early.
    MegFouq

Comment by MegFouq (original poster) at 4:18 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• yes! I was 3 weeks along when I bled,was having abdominal pain and wen to the ER they did an ultrasound and found nothing. They told me I had a miscarriage and gave me a bunch of papers explaining ectopic pregnancy and miscarriages. I was very depressed but luckily on a health kick because a few months later it was confirmed that I was pregnant and I had healthy full term baby girl. Doctors definitely do not know everything, and mine made me go through hell
    bingbong

Answer by bingbong at 4:20 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Thanks, you just made me feel a whole lot better. They didn't tell me that I had a miscarriage but that I could & should take it easy. But I was just hoping that because the ER dr isn't a specialist in the baby dept that maybe he doesn't know enough to properly help me. He also kept answering my questions with "you'll have to talk to your ob gyn about that".
    MegFouq

Comment by MegFouq (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I had bleeding so bad this pregnancy I thought it was a period. Turns out I was already pregnant and had no idea. Im now 36 weeks with a healthy baby girl.
    christine.r2624

Answer by christine.r2624 at 4:29 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Yeah, I thought my bleeding was my period also, but it only lasted for a day. So thats when I decided to take a hpt and it came back positive. The Dr's just had a look on his face like..."you are going to lose it but I won't tell you that". He really freaked me out.
    MegFouq

Comment by MegFouq (original poster) at 4:37 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• you should be fine and im kinda in the same boat but idk if im pregnant yet.....i had what i thought was my period but it was very light and i never have had one that light in my life its all just to weird....i wish you luck
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 5:10 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I had that for the first 16 WEEKS!! I had a subchorionic hemmorhage which is a pocket of blood beneath the placenta. I first spotted when I was barely pregnant, probably just barely 4 weeks. at times there was barely anything, and at one point there was so much blood that I was certain there was no way I was still pregnant. BUT! I am now 37 weeks along with a big healthy baby girl!!! Theres always that chance that everything is fine!!! Good luck hun!!!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 5:30 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I lost 3 little angels before getting my youngest son. but with him too I had very early onset cramping and some heavy bleeding. but somehow i managed to keep him in. after 3 losses they did put me on a hormone supplement saying I likely was not producing enough of the proper hormones to continue the pregnancy so i needed help. its hard in the ER to tell for sure if its really early on in pregnancy. but i hate to say that in most cases heavy bleeding this early on usually signals a misscarriage in progress. but there is always hope. I didnt lose alex andi had HORRIBLE bleeding and cramping. takegood care of yourself. keep hydrated and try to stay off your feet honey . and i hope all goes well.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 5:34 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Thank you all!
    MegFouq

Comment by MegFouq (original poster) at 8:36 PM on Sep. 18, 2010