when is a good time to stop hAVING KIDS FAMILY SAYS NO MORE

i just gave birth to my third child i would like at least one more but noone but me feels this way even my husband because he says he dnt like seeing so nrun down but i feel im a good mom and now r finances r tight but maybe in a couple of years they would be better want another child

jojomomofthree

Asked by jojomomofthree at 4:17 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• that is a decision for BOTH you and hubby and NO ONE else. We have 3 now (4 year old twins and an 18 month old) and are currently trying for another. My dad thought we should be done after the twins. He actually had his girlfriend try to convince me to get my tubes tied when our 18 month was born! But it is none of their business and I have made that very clear to them. However, you and hubby need to be together on the decision. He may just be worried about you right now since you are still recovering from having a baby. It can be scary for men to watch their wife go through child birth and know their wife's life and health is completely out of their hands. Men are very protective by nature and don't like to feel helpless. DH told me after our twins were born prematurely via emergency csectioin that the worst part was seeing me on the table and knowing he couldn't do anything to keep us all safe!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 4:36 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Thats something you and DH need to work out. MAybe an IUD would be a good option, not permanent but long term birth control that can be easily removed if you change your mind?
    christine.r2624

Answer by christine.r2624 at 4:25 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Sometimes we need to stop while things are in still condition or can be improved on with a little bit of effort.

If things are a little bit tight now, they are likely to get worst with one more child.

If you husband would rather stop you might want to discuss how he would support the household if he were to lose his business or employment.

Family members may not be as supportive if they suggested that you not have more children and you did not heed their advise.

You may also want to consider why you want to have another child? What is wrong with having three children?
    Nohardship

Answer by Nohardship at 4:27 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I think you and your hubby should come to an agreement before you have anymore, as for the rest of the family I wouldn't worry too much about what they say unless they help financially or watch the kids all the time.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 4:25 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• When I had my third I wanted a fourth also, but instead of the 1.5 gap that I wanted I had to wait another 1.5 to have another one. So I had to wait 3 years. But it was worth the wait! I wouldn't worry about what your family thinks, it's between you and your husband.
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 4:35 PM on Sep. 18, 2010