I SOME BREAST MILK BETTER THAN NONE

MILK IS NOT COMING IN SO FAST AND MY SON EATS ALOT SO SOME BREAST MILK IS BETTER OR BETTER NOT TO FORMULA AND BREASTFED

jojomomofthree

Asked by jojomomofthree at 4:21 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• k, your question is hard to understand. why are you concern about the milk, how old is the baby?
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:23 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• yes, some is better than none! how old is the baby? if you are supplementing- STOP!! it will only hurt your supply. keep baby on the boob as much as you can, it will help build your supply.
    christine.r2624

Answer by christine.r2624 at 4:24 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• its up to you, just know that the more you breastfeed the more your body will produce. When you suppliment you take the risk of giving up breastmilk all together, especially in the beginning (the first 3 months) when your body is trying to establish its supply. So, if you are commited to breastfeeding it would be better to nurse as often as possible.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 4:25 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I know what you mean, my milk barely came in at all, I was pumping and nursing ALL DAY it seemed like, and I was only getting 1oz A DAY when I was pumping! So I pumped for three months, and we did formula AND breast milk; some is definitely better than none!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 4:25 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• oops breastfeeding
    Precious333

• Well, most often breast milk is a supply and demand thing. The more the baby demands, the more you make- usually. For some women it just doesn't work that way though. I would recommend finding a lactation consultant- ask OB or Ped. Any breast milk is better than none. So if you do have to supplement with formula, still give as much breast milk as possible. As for milk supply, stay well hydrated, try mother's milk tea, fenugreek, oatmeal, raspberry tea. And make sure the baby has a proper latch- bad latch can reduce stimulation which reduces supply. If you do supplement with formula, pump every time you bottle the baby so you get the extra stimulation you would have gotten from nursing. Good luck.
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 4:27 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Talk to your doctor about a supplemental system
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:31 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Yes, some breastmilk is better than none! Most moms who think they are not making enough milk actually can make enough by nursing more. If you nurse and think baby is still hungry, then offer the breast AGAIN. Just keep going back and forth between your breasts until baby is content.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 7:36 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• A supplemental system is a great way to bring in more breast milk, especially if you breast milk to be the primary food for your baby. It can help you up your supply and make sure the baby is getting plenty to eat.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:08 PM on Sep. 18, 2010