Would you be mad???

My SO and I had today. Last night when we spoke, he told me he was going to pick me up after he got out of work today. All day I thought this was still the plan. I went out today and did what I needed to do. I made sure to be home in time for him to come get me. At the time he's supposed to arrive I call him. I was nice and just asked if there had been a change in plans. Yeah he says, I gotta do something for my moms first. My feeling is that he should if called me. and let me know. when I asked him why he didn't he said "I don't know". I mean really? I am angry with him. if feel like it was simple thing to call and let me know. I feel disrespected and dismissed. would you be mad.

EttaMay

Asked by EttaMay at 4:26 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• I would be somewhat irritated especially if I had to come from work earlier than I intended and ask him to try and do better in the future letting me know that the plans have changed or that we have to change the plans because something unexpected came up at work or with a family member. Sometimes, the guy either forgets or gets very busy at work just like we do. They are human, too. Also, I would make sure and call him before I left to go home to let him know I was leaving and check if he is still picking me up or would like me to meet him somewhere instead. Communication is the key, and all of us have our differences because all of us are different. Hope it helps.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 4:58 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I can see why you would be upset but it isnt the end of the world. Dont let something stupid and silly, that your just gonna get over anyways cause a huge fight. Sometimes you just cant sweat the small stuff, and this is a lesson that has taken me a long time to learn and I still battle with sometimes. I know you have heard it and most likely dont believe it because i didnt either... but choose your battles GL
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 4:29 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I would be mad for him not letting me know in advance, but I wouldnt start a big fight over it
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:27 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I would be irritated for him not calling, but not mad.
    christine.r2624

Answer by christine.r2624 at 4:32 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Pick your battles wisely. Is this argument worth getting upset at your love? Let him know how you feel & ask him if he can give you a heads up in the future. No, i would not be "mad" or feel disrespected.I would have thought "well you coulda informed me" and that's probably it. There are much more serious things one could waste their energy on being mad about.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:39 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• yeah i'd be upset for sure. no i wouldn't start a fight about it, but i'd let him know I wasn't happy....
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 4:35 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I would be really annoyed and I would expect a person to whom I had done that to be really annoyed, as well. Suggest (nonconfrontationally - maybe even flirty) a way or two he could make it up to you.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 4:37 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• No not really. Annoyed yes, angry no. But I know DH is forgetful. Its just him and I accepted that a long time ago.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 4:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Yes I would be pissed actually. But do your best not to let it sit on your chest. I have sarted arguments over less before and later on felt really silly for doing so.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:47 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I didn't start an argument with him. I just talked to him and told him, picking up a phone was a small thing tinsel and he could have/should have called. what really made me mad though was when he was like "if I had called him sooner, he would let know". That's why i was mad really. but I'm over it now. Tunis for all the advice ladies.
    EttaMay

Comment by EttaMay (original poster) at 4:51 PM on Sep. 18, 2010