What is so terrible about the "terrible two's"

Any stories about what made the age of 2 so terrible in your household?

socialworker227

Asked by socialworker227 at 4:34 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• So Far it have been the Terrible 1's and 2's and we are heading into the terrible 3's with my DD. DS was a breeze. DD is into every thing! She has dumped a container of flour into the baby pool, dumped a pound of dry beans onto the living room floor, pained her face with desitin, painted the walls with her own poop, broken her leg by trying to climb out of a high chair while buckled in, Dumped a whole extra large box of cheerio's into the floor of the kitchen, regularly colors the bottoms of her feet with markers or ink pens that she must stash some where because every time I take one from her it goes in the trash, she has pulled a section of wall paper off the wall, poured baby oil in her hair... all of this was with in a matter of seconds as I went form one room to the next ot check the mail or went into the kitchen to refill a plate or cup depending on the act.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:43 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I don't know I have 4 kids and never did I have problems now wait until they turn 12. There is something to that each one of my kids except the last he is only 10. They all changed when they turned 12 they missed the 2's but hit the 12's..lol.. Watch out..lol
    seabrezze_11

Answer by seabrezze_11 at 4:37 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• ryder says "no" all the time. he jumps on my dog, he screams and yells all through the house, he doesnt mind time-out either so its hard to punish him. if he sees something he wants in the grocery store he will have a terrible fit.

but thats not as bad as my friend's little 2 year old. she screams in the grocery store.. "help me!!! helpppppp me!!" and my friend tries to take her to the car and shes still screaming "help me pleeeeeeeease". everyone thinks shes like kidnapping her or something
    00MissJade

Answer by 00MissJade at 4:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I dont think 2 was so bad it was three that I thought was terrible.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 4:42 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• They are way to independent and have a major attitude on them on top of never listening.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:45 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• my son didnt have terrible 2's till he was 3. and it wasnt SO terrible as long as i understood he was just testing boundaries, asserting his personality, and wanting more independance.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 5:26 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• they say 2 are bad, wait the 3 are even better.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 4:38 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Other than temper tantrums, telling us NO or I don't want to, etc.. nothing really. Their frustrating but not the end of the world. lol. My Dd was a pretty good kid. Just had to learn who was in charge.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 4:39 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• My oldest took to calling me by my first name, "Jessica" and TELLING me what to do. They hit that independent age.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• never really had any "toddler issues"
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:44 PM on Sep. 18, 2010