has anyone gottern public housing assitance?

i am currently trying to get public housing assistance ...i currently live somewhere in pennsylvania but trying to relocate to virginia and start a life there with my four month old..they have better jobs .. better daycare ..etc..i don't know how to go about things and i really can't afford the living expences.here or there.i am currently recieving welfare and living with my mother but it's not enough room for me and my baby ..i'm only 19 years old trying to make a life for my little one ..please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Home & Garden

• the way housing assistance worked in NC when I got it was you had to already be a resident of the state then there was a 6 month to 1 year waiting list to get an apartment.
    Anonymous

• over here i n ri the waiting lists are 2-5 yrs unloess you have a connect that works in the office so good luck with that!
    qsmommy88

Answer by qsmommy88 at 10:19 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I just wanted to give a word of wisdom...YOU CAN CHANGE THE SCENEARY, BUT THE SITUATION STAYS THE SAME...You have to change who you are before you change locations. I know this because I tried it and have seen others try it. Doesn't work well. BTW I am in low income housing, I am here because I tried to change the town my kids were being raised in, turned out I was wrong and am stuck for now.....Stay put until you have a better plan....You don't want to move out and away from your family and end up homeless....Get on some housing lists where you can be accepted and just wait for your name to come up....GOOD LUCK!!!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:07 AM on Oct. 21, 2008