Ouch! Sharp pains in my cervix? (PIOG)

I just turned 18 weeks today. A few times this week I've felt a few sharp pains wayyy up inside me, it feels like the pinch of a pap test. I just dropped my mom off at her house after a few days of her staying with me, and as I got in the car and was saying my good-byes, I had several in a row... one here, one there, then almost a "throbbing", rhythmic, pinch-pinch-pinch. As soon as I left things were fine but I'm a little concerned. Of course things like this always happen on the weekends where I'd have to call the exchange line for the doc... but do you fine ladies think this is anything to be alarmed about? Not feeling any contractions or anything, just discomfort. It hapened once or twice earlier this week too... but just one pinch one day and another pinch on another day.

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 5:04 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have had that feeling basically this entire pregnancy!! I cant remember what causes it but I know its absolutely nothing to worry about!!! with my first pregnancy it started a lot later then this one, so I was worried at first, but I talked to the doc and its nothing to be concerned about =)
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 5:27 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I am guessing and hoping that is that it is completely normal!! I am 32 weeks and I have been having them ALL the time. I have posted a question on here and the replys that I get is the baby has dropped and is pressing on my cervix. Which is exactly what it feels like. Like she is going to stick her hand out and say "Hi" to the world. LOL!!
    confusedgirl919

Answer by confusedgirl919 at 6:16 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I remember that feeling but I don't remember what it was from...Sorry I am on;y helpful enough to say I had that to!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:10 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• 'Sok - at least I'm not the only one!
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 5:16 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Awesome. I have a 2 yr old and I don't remember this feeling last time... hmmmm. Well that's good that there's nothing to worry about. I'll still bring it up on my next appt. though, just so they know. :)
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 5:54 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Oh my goodness, confusedgirl919!! Good luck to you!! :)
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 7:37 PM on Sep. 18, 2010