Gastric Bypass questions Possible tmi adult content

Been doing my research but want others opinions on the following:
How soon will I be able to get up and like do the laundry and what have you? (we hang all ours out, dryer is broke)
How soon before I can cook for the family?
Vacume?
Oh and how long before we will be able to go back to even simple sex?
Keep in mind my s/o never has been much help around the house, so I need to allow enough days for my mom to come help out with the girls. I know I want her here while i am in the hospitial ( have heard 3 days) but how many more beyond that should I allow? Any information or links you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

momof3xthefun

Asked by momof3xthefun at 5:07 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Health

• I would say light housework after 2 weeks but most likely 6 weeks recovery like most surgeries!

Please make sure you are completely ready for this, and have done the counseling and research on everything. My mom had this surgery 5 years ago and it changed her whole life, and not for the better!

mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 5:12 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I'd say 2 weeks for light duty stuff and 6 weeks for the rest.
    I'd really have a heart to heart talk with many different people that have done this. I used to work in a bariatric clinic and have seen a lot of really scary stuff.

There are some non-permanent alternatives like the LapBand that might work for you. Good Luck!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:58 AM on Sep. 19, 2010