Natural remedies, PLEASE!!

I have bad nasal/sinus congestion. It is now making my head hurt and the post-nasal drip is starting to give me a sore throat. Medications are not doing much to help me. I am drinking hot tea with honey. Is there anything else I can try to relieve the congestion?

romeece

Asked by romeece at 7:52 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Health

• The nettipot! Walgreens has them, it's a pot you fill with warm water and a saline mixture that comes with it. It helped me out so much when I got a cold a couple of weeks ago. It works way better than medicine.
    monroesmum

Answer by monroesmum at 7:57 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I forgot to say that I think it is (seasonal) allergy-related.
    romeece

Answer by romeece at 7:54 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• OK, I looked it up online to see if I could find it--there aren't any Walgreen's where I live. I found it at Rite-aid. I will go there tomorrow and try it out. Thanks for the suggestion!

In the meantime, is there anything I might have at home that I could use tonight for some relief, even if it's temporary?
    romeece

Answer by romeece at 8:11 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I drink pineapple juice, tea with honey, honey on a spoon with fresh lemon juice, chicken noodle soup and the nettie pot!
    momof2boys423

Answer by momof2boys423 at 9:17 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Walmart also has a nettie pot. You can also use hot sauce in your soup . Good luck, hope you feel better. Oh and look into homeopathy for your flu.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:44 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Saline solution but if you have an infection, you need antibiotics to nip it in a timely manner.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 9:07 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Cayenne! GO to your local health food store if you have one they have stuff that will knock it out fast!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 12:47 PM on Oct. 19, 2008