Did your brain fall out?

When my DD turned 13, did you know it meant MY brain fell out of my head? LOL. I'm just wondering what cute, silly stories you have about raising a teenager. **Please, this is meant to be lighthearted. No bashing, or negative remarks; or you will be reported.** Thanks!

ChefMom94

Asked by ChefMom94 at 8:04 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• omg when my son was 16 i heard he had been smoking pot, so i got a at home drug test & made him take it,he came out of the bathroom & the container was BLUE, he had put Listerine in it ~ which only confirmed what i knew but anyway I told him we had to go to the hospital NOW & he said why mom? So I said well son if your pissing blue your in need of medical attention pronto! then he "fessed" up ~ kids ~

tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 10:40 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• LOL gotta love little teenagers :)
    Anonymous

• My DD is pretty forgetful at times. I have to remind her time and again to do her chores, etc. About two days after I cleaned out the fridge, she asked for the last piece of pie. I told her there was none left. She kept insisting there was. I finally got mad, and said, "I am so SICK of you always acting like you're RIGHT! Why can't you ever just say MAYBE you're wrong. You have such a habit of acting like a knowitall even when you're wrong. You can't ever say you're not sure, or you made a mistake, can you?! Why don't you ever believe ME?" To which, instead of replying, she went to the kitchen and returned.... with the last piece of pie. I had put it in a container and it got bumped behind the bread. Thankfully, she has an awesome sense of humor. Now, whenever we have our power struggles and I say, "Because I'm the mom" or "I know better" or something (ridiculous!) like that, she just smiles and says, "Piece of Pie."
    ChefMom94

Answer by ChefMom94 at 8:08 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• One time I had taken our dog outside.She usually will sit in the driveway or whine a little when she's ready to come back in.I didn't hear her for awhile,so I looked out of the window to see if she was waiting in the driveway.My heart started racing when all I seen was an empty chain.I ran outside and started calling her and was about ready to scan the neighborhood and ask neighbors if they seen her (she's pretty friendly).When my 13yr old DS comes outside and says "Oh, mom...I let Bella back in, just so you know." An hour had gone past since the time he brought her back in. I spent a whole hour looking for a dog that was already in the house. I told him that info could have been useful an hour ago. He said he told me, but I swear he didn't. I told him if he did I wouldn't be running around looking for our dog. Then my 10yr old comes up and says "He did tell you when you were on the phone".
    lilmomma4

Answer by lilmomma4 at 8:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I told mine I breastfed and she sucked it out. Only today did she discover that it was missing, because I'm such a good actress.
    LeftBrainy

Answer by LeftBrainy at 11:02 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Lol I'm only 20 myself my hubby has a lil sis that age. We all live together with his parents and lil sis in a big house. She's been complaining about her acne and when mom offered to buy her some really good acne stuff she said "No I don't want that!". Lol. Then she's having problems in school and won't take mom's help (who is a school teacher at a different school).
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 11:09 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Ha Ha, I love that blue pee.....good fake out answer mom....your brain hasn't fallen out ...yet....
    malam

Answer by malam at 2:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• When my son was 16 he kept telling me he heard noises in his wall at night & I knew he was smoking pot so I told him if he would just quit with the weed it would stop. A couple weeks later it was time for the whole room vac..move everything & sure enough there were drywall sprinkles all behind his headboard. Turns out we had termites.
    Anonymous