If you control the food of the world you can rule the world??

do you find this statement to be true or false??

video attached..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b27EFldZ17k

mrssundin

Asked by mrssundin at 5:48 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It is. and it isn't. The video posted is about one of the farms supplying 'raw' foods, most of which are now 'illegal' to buy/sell in many states ~ particularly to sell. Raw milk gets more news coverage, but raw juice, non irradiated veggies, even fresh eggs are being added to the list. Our 'gubmint' wants to 'protect' us (read screw the people Monsanto is losing money) from possibly contaminated foods so we will wipe out the small producers who are selling what the people WANT and than there are only the big producers left. Monsanto wants to sell only their genetically modified (and those who pay attention to how they do that understand) foods ... which have less nutritional value and some of which are being linked to diseases. The GMOs are more cost effective to raise, more profitable for the seed companies, but 'we' end up paying a much higher cost. I'll keep on planting my heirlooms ...
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 10:43 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• This is so true and it happens to come from a quote from Henry Kissenger. We see the proof of this in many third world countries..where even the UN food is controlled by corrupt governments or war lords.

OP, I can't do youtube on this old dinosaur..sorry.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I think that statement is true.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:22 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Oh, so true. Do you remember a movie a bunch of years back where the government controlled the water? Of course, some kids released the water and saved the world, but it is the same. The Mad Max movies are the same thing. He would controls whatever resource is the most needed has the power. Scary stuff.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:39 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I guess I must have missed something in the video. What gives them the right to do that? Are these places not licensed, or does it have something to do with laws and FDA? Were those actual guns, or temp guns? I thought I heard the narrator say something about temp guns. I know that there are rules as to the temperature that certain foods are to be kept. But aside from that, I don't get how they would have any right to go in there. And did it mention if this was a CA issue or is this going on nationally?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:47 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Here's a more explanatory link. The video indicates that some of the temperature control apparatus looks like a gun and may have been a reason for the guns to be drawn. The company in question is attempting to skirt laws... I am not ok with that.

I am also not okay with the law about what can and can't be consumed, but the right thing to do is get the law changed, not break it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:02 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• True.

This is one reason I have all heirloom seeds (and a LOT of them), but that won't do me a bit of good if Monsanto has their way ~ because it would become illegal to plant any of them (and that is hoping that their crud doesn't end up in my garden thanks to a bird).
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 9:46 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• No.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:32 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Okay, I watched it but my speakers weren't as loud as I needed them, the audio isn't that great. So the police that are going in to these places have their actual guns drawn? Or are those temp guns? This is really odd. So this is supposedly happening in CA right now?

*sorry for the questions and all, like I said the audio wasn't great and my speakers aren't wonderful and I have two noise making kids running around my house. I am not trying to be difficult*

If this is actually happening right now, that's a bit scary. As for the original question, I have always believed that statement. Everyone has to eat.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:38 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I say yes, but I thought this question (based on the opening question) was going in another direction..

I am a bit confused on this video... Is this spoused to be a bad thing? (the police coming in raiding?) I always thought unrefridg, eggs and unpastir. milk were bad for you, can't they make you sick? Is this just the FDA guidelines they are following??
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:16 AM on Sep. 19, 2010