So I have recently lost 20 lbs

But I don't feel smaller. Like when I look at other women I feel like I am way bigger then them even though I am probably around the same size! I hate that!

CharleesMom7

Asked by CharleesMom7 at 6:36 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• CONGRATULATIONS!!
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 6:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Congratulations!!! You need to give your brain time to realize it. It takes time and you really need to start looking at your self in the new you. Which is hard to do. I know it is hard to do.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 6:44 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• This kind of thinking is a common symptom of body image issues. Congratulations on losing the weight, but it's just as important to see your body for what it really is, and not compare it against others, or see an enormous fat person when you weigh 150.
    In extreme cases, this kind of thinking is a symptom of body dysmorphic disorder, where a real or perceived defect in the body is thought to be the only trait anyone ever notices about a person. While it doesn't sound like you are that extreme, please take some time to really reflect on your body and your shape, how you look in your favorite jeans. Try to be objective, and try to drown out that voice that keeps calling you a fatty. You should never say things to yourself that you would quit being friends with someone for saying.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 6:46 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• The first thing I thought when reading the title of your question was, "I found 'em!! Here, on my ass!"

Seriously - you've done very, very well. I second everything that Jenny-talia said.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:53 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• LOL donna. I used to say I was retaining water for Calista Flockhart (cause she obviously isn't retaining any)
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 6:57 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I know what you mean.. but in the opposite way... I gained 20lbs & didnt even really feel it & dont feel like i look that different.. So be careful or you may put it back on without realizing it :(
    I need to lose weight before gaining the 20lbs.. so that is now 20 MORE pounds i am trying to lose :'(
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 7:04 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I've lost 10 and I can't see it. I can feel it in my clothes though. Give yourself a pat on the back!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:13 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• congrats to you mama! that is awesome! Wow- I know just how you feel. I just lost some weight too and it took forever for anyone to be able to tell AND for my clothing size to change. I think some of us are just built that way. My sister is only 10 pounds less than me but it looks more like 20 when you see us together. So I'm guessing its just the way it goes for some of us! :P

way to go

roseisrose

Answer by roseisrose at 8:50 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Thats how it's going for me too. The scale says im loosing but I don't see yet. I'm hoping that by 20 pounds i can tell though.. after i had my son in july 09 i actually gained 20 pounds. I'm not sure when i did but i stepped on the scale 2 weeks ago and about died...however my jeans and everything still fit .

Don't get frustrated. keep going!! You can measure yourself around your waist and legs and stuff so you can see where your loosing inches from
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 8:52 AM on Sep. 19, 2010