Should I quit my job?

My hubby works real estate which is really slow right now but we made $7,000 this summer. He also can tile floors and finish basements and such things which he makes at least a thousand dollars on each side job. right now he watches our daughter in the morning so i can work which means he cant start work until after noon most days. with one of his side jobs he would make more than i do in a month. our house and cars are paid off so we just have normal bills around $6oo a month is all we need if that! so we would not have any income if he doesnt do a job once a month so its a risk. do i quit my job so he can work more or do i keep it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• First of all, I want to congratulate you for being debt free. That is AWESOME!! You and your DH should talk it over and review everything, and see what is best for your family. I also wanted to let you know that I work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 year old son, and 18 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 3:18 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I would keep my job. I only say this because I regret quitting my perfect job 2 years ago to become a SAHM. I'm glad I'm raising my own children but at the same time I feel a little worthless.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 7:26 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Why quit a stable job when your husband's is not exactly stable. Yes now he has a lot of work, but what about 6 months from now? My stepdad is a contractor, and he could be unemployed for months at a time. Because he is a contractor and not employed full time for one company, he cannot collect UC when he is out of work. That is something to keep in mind.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:19 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I agree with PP. Same thing happened 2 me.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 7:34 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• what about working a late shift, at night? but if he is going to make more and its risking that then i would stop for now til you can figure out something more financially feasible
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 7:36 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I would continue to work.
    socialworker227

Answer by socialworker227 at 7:46 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I would continue to work. I work out choice. It helps when you have 2 incomes coming in. My dh stress level has went way down since I started teaching. He always worried something happening. Even though we had savings, etc.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:56 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Do it
    bethraza

Answer by bethraza at 10:25 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• In this economy, it's never a good idea to quit a job. Your husband's job might make a lot of money, but it's not a steady 9-5 job. Anything in the housing industry is really unstable and could sour again at any moment. You don't want to go from being a two income family to being a no income family.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:28 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• If you can save for retiremen and college for your child with one income, you are not interested in having a career, and your husband is comfortable with being the sole wage-earner, then go ahead and quit.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:04 PM on Sep. 19, 2010