wedding bands?

Do you and your spouse have matching wedding bands?
Is it just the color or style that match or are they decorated the same way (like with inlay or diamonds)?

I've never had a band and my engagement ring and my husband's band were stolen. I'd really like to replace them in the next couple of years (we'll be celebrating 11 years this January) but I can't decide if we should go with a matching set or each of us get what we like most.

justanotherjen

Asked by justanotherjen at 7:42 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Ours dont exactly match. My engagement ring is a 3 stone ring in white gold to wear with it. But when we went to look for bands hubby found this really pretty eternity band with 5 diamonds across the front and it looked so pretty. I really didnt want to spend the money but once i saw it i fell in love. We could never find anything we liked as much so we decided to go with that one. For his he wanted something a little more reserved but that wasnt plain. he found a band that was white gold also with one small round diamond in the center that was about the same size as the ones on my band. We love them
    teagansmom10

Answer by teagansmom10 at 10:22 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• our originals matched...but hubby lost his before we were even married a year...we just replaced it after him not having one for 5 years and i told him to get the one he liked...so he ended up with a tungsten ring...it is more durable than the original gold one that he had.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 7:45 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• They were matching but the inlay in mine chipped and my dh had to save 350 dollars last christmas to get a white gold band put in it so now they dont match.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:45 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• we never had a wedding set. hubby works with his hands so a wedding band is not a good idea. I wear a simple gold band when i wear anything at all.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 7:49 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• nope me and my husband don't have matching because of the kind of job he does. he has a tituamin band.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 8:39 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• No. Mine is a band with raised sapphires and diamonds, and his is a band with diamonds embedded within a channel on the band.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:42 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Ours don't match, never have. I wanted him to have something he like, and vice versa. And we don't really share the same style prefrence. He has a really nice tungsten ring that has celtic knots the whole way around it, and i have a basic white gold band that has diamonds halfway around it so it appears to be all the way around it unless you look at my palm, and i also pair my white gold and solitaire diamond engagement ring with it. I would only go matching if you both really liked the matching. Don't get something you don't really like just because it matches.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 8:45 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• My husband has a titanium band. I have princess cut, white gold, 1 carat for engagement ring. The wedding band is white gold with diamonds all around it.

Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:04 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I was thinking Tungsten for my husband, too. He always took his gold band off at work because he was afraid to lose or break it. And I like the way it looks so I'd like one for myself.
    justanotherjen

Comment by justanotherjen (original poster) at 8:07 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Oh, I would only get matching if we both really liked the design and style.
    justanotherjen

Comment by justanotherjen (original poster) at 8:55 PM on Sep. 18, 2010