Jesus Vs God... Or your religions choice of prophet vs God?

I hope this question is understandable..
In religion (or your heart), what seems more important?
For example some Christians talk about Jesus. Jesus. Jesus.. But not much about God. Their faith/love/devotion is more in Jesus than in God.
So insert your prophet (or whatever it may be) vs God...
Who is more important? Who is your faith in?
Is it your religious duty to make your "Jesus" happy & to follow the teachings of Him, or are you to live a way that makes God happy?
Or Is your "Jesus" GOD?

(Ugh. I hope my question is understood!)

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 7:43 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• In Islam our Prophet is Mohamed but we also believe all of the prophets of christianity and judaism including one of the greatest, Jesus. However God is the most important no contest. God's message was there before the Prophet Mohamed and is still here after him. God is eternal and Mohamed was mortal. How could something that ceases be greater than something that doesn't?
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 11:50 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• To me personally Jesus IS God. one and the same. The only way to Heaven and to be forgiven is through Jesus and accepting him as the savriour and that he died for my sins. because all human kind falls short of the glory of God. When I pray I pray typically to God however. but in my mind they are one and the same
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 7:48 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• My faith teaches me that Jesus is God, the 2nd person of the Trinity.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:33 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Im gonna put on my former Christian hat for a second and explain how I felt about it and how I was raised,etc....

God is our Heavenly Father, Jesus is his son...the one who paved the way for us to get back to our Father by his example and sacrifice for us who are imperfect. Following Jesus is the way back to the Father so he, in a sense, is more important. Not because he's better but because we look up to him as an older brother(if you will)and the way to get back to heaven and our Father,etc. He has the answers.

You know if you have older siblings...you didnt love them more than your parents but you looked up to them for answers and perhaps ways to understand or like your parents better,etc. thats another way to look at it(if it makes sense).

Ok old hat off...I honor the Divine because of what they did and their example but Im a part of them and they are part of me. So they would be more important, so to speak.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:49 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Could someone bump... Or explain to me why no one is answering the question? Usually religious questions are answered by many..
    MommaTasha1003

Comment by MommaTasha1003 (original poster) at 10:03 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• My path doesn't generally have prophets... So I guess by default that makes the Gods more important... However, generally, the most important thing on my path is me and my connection to my Higher Power and the world around me.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:32 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• neither one. I'll choose another faith.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:06 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Jesus is salvation given by God. Both soooooooooo important.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 12:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2010