Feeding ideas for 11-12 month old

Our pedi told us we need to have our son on all table food by 12 months. He seems to be pretty picky, but we keep trying. Today was a horrible day, but I think it's because he is teething (molars).
We only feed him table food at home, and at daycare he eats a combo of table food and baby food. I plan to cut him off at 12 months, but I need some suggestions on what to feed him.
He does like certain things, but is it ok to feed him the same thing *almost* every day? I don't want him to starve!

ArchiesMom

Asked by ArchiesMom at 7:55 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Start slowly. Cottage cheese and cheese is a great protein to start out on, cooked vegetables that are soft or beans. They love peas to chase around on their tray. Spaghetti, canned fruit like pears, peaches, and mandarin oranges. You can start grinding some things to make them smaller or put it in the food processor so they can chew it. I especially did that with meat. Cut everything into small bite sized pieces. The kids liked biscuits and gravy with very small pieces of meat in it. Hotdishes are great because there are a variety of flavors and ingredients are usually soft enough. Some people like to give their kids avocados but my kids gagged on them.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 8:12 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Keep trying a variety of foods until you find some things he likes. Chicken, cheese, fruit, veggies are all good choices, just make sure you cut them up in small bite sized pieces. you can also try white or brown rice, mashed potatoes, or smoothies! and of course cereals such as cheerios.
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 2:40 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Keep trying a variety of foods until you find some things he likes. Chicken, cheese, fruit, veggies are all good choices, just make sure you cut them up in small bite sized pieces. you can also try white or brown rice, mashed potatoes, or smoothies! and of course cereals such as cheerios. As for him eating the same foods almost eveery day, i think that should be fiine as long as their is variety in the foods he does like so that he gets all the nutrients he needs.
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 2:41 AM on Sep. 19, 2010