Hubby looked at my 7 yearold daughter adult content

and whispers i think she may be getting breast buds from the look of her shirt. number 1 it was not a tight shirt but she was holding it tight against her tummy. I was like oh no i just had this talk with our oldest. please don't tell me i get to talk to her about it. she freaks out at the word blood etc. i told him i would check her out later to make sure it is not. but wow that scared me.

sherryb1273

Asked by sherryb1273 at 7:56 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My niece just went to the doctor and they told my sister-in-law that the average age of puberty is now 9 because of all the hormones in the food, so I wouldn't really be surprise. I have a seven year old as well and I am just as worried about it as you are! Good Luck!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 7:59 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Be careful with that conversation with a 7 year old. Its possible things are changing for her, but that seems pretty young. A private conversation with her pediatrician might be in order first. Our daughter started her cycle when she was in 5th grade and I thought that was young.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 8:00 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• My granddaughter is 7 and a half. Last month she had to be seen for follow up blood work. Her pediatrician sent her up the hall to get a new book and said to me in the meantime "You don't want to hear this I'm sure but she has breast buds beginning" I was advised to talk about the breasts and leave it at that for now.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:15 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I would also advice talking about the changing breasts for now and explain how the body changes periodically but i wouldn't go into much more detail quite yet. I've already had to have this talk with my daughter, now 4. But we have extreme circumstances. She has precocious puberty and has had breast buds since she was about 3 or 6 months old. And she has frequent testing and dr's appt's and she has an implant in her arm to regulate hormone but we still needed to explain to her what's goin on with her body and why she has to be modest and that it doesn't normally happen for a while. And her dr.'s said if she didn't get treatment soon she would have been having a period within a year, she was diagnosed last october, but the breast usually start to develop a few years before everything else. Good luck. Do explain stuff to her, but watch how much detail you go into.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 8:35 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• wow, my jaw has been hittin the ground reading these answers!! my daughter is only 6 and it seems so far away, now its almost as if its lik RIGHT around the corner!! scary!! i didnt get boobs til i was in grade 8 (and they were tiiiny..lol..and i didnt get my period til grade 9..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:30 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Yeah, I am getting ready to have that discussion with my soon to be nine year old. She is starting to grow. We are going to go this weekend, just the girls, to get her her first bra, etc. And it's really not a shock to me. The only thing that shocks me is that she is almost nine. So hopefully she will continue to not take after me. By the time I was in 4th grade, I was a B cup and still growing. I got my period when I was 12. So being 7, if she is budding, just talk to her and keep it pretty simple.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 10:37 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I plan on having that talk with my DD between 8 and 9 so That doesn't seem that far off to me...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:58 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• hmmm, don't know what to think...
    1lilgirl

Answer by 1lilgirl at 8:49 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I checked her out she is starting to get small buds nothing major yet , so she was helping with laundry and saw her sisters bras and asked when will i get mine. so we talked about it and all she said was cool can i get some cool bras. went easier then i thought

sherryb1273

Comment by sherryb1273 (original poster) at 8:01 AM on Sep. 20, 2010