Antiques

I am looking for some help to identify some old carnival glass, depression glass, old plates and such. My brother and his wife inherited her grandmothers farm house. Her grandmother was a horder and they have so much stuff it is unreal. We can't afford to pay for someone to apprise it all so we are trying to do what we can. The house has many problems so they are trying to sell the stuff to finance the repairs. I would be more than happy to e-mail pictures of some of the stuff to people if they think they can help. Thank you!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• You can find an antique expert on Antique Experts. com. They will tell you the history etc about the piece however will not give you a cash value. They might give you a broad idea of worth.
    I am an antiques collector so I have used them at times. If you wish to send me pictures you may message me
    GiftBasket

Answer by GiftBasket at 1:04 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• There are lots of books the specialize in giving values. My Mom collects cookie jars..and oh boy are certain ones valuable. Also the internet is a great place to search. ask.com and about.com can be great leads. ...BTW...got any HULL cookie jars?..LOL
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:04 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I'd try to find the same ones on sites like Ebay. Where people know what they have. Even with some pix. it may be hard to see. So many small marks or no mark at all.. For example so many different companies made Blue Willow. So glass ware and dishes can be hard to tell. So try antique sites or even type in antiques. I hope you can find some help.Look up Pamela Wiggins. Her site is very informative. I'm sorry for the loss of the grandmother too.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 8:05 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• if you live in a college town or nearby, try someone in the historical society. if they can't help maybe they can direct you to someone of some group that can. good luck.
    granma6

Answer by granma6 at 9:03 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• your best bet is to check e-bay to see what similar things are going for. Also check out local auction places.. most can pre appraise an estimated price, and then you can also sell via them as well.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:34 PM on Sep. 19, 2010