Is anyone else really stressed during their pregnancy? I need advice, and support.

I am 33 weeks pregnant, and my husband who was here on a scholarship, was from Egypt. Because of this scholarship rules, he was required to return to Egypt and fufill what they call a two year home stay requirement. I have a lot of health problems that Egypt doesn't treat, and I had to stay behind until I give birth. I am stuck living with my mother, who is not the best person to be living with. My husband has applied a waiver, to waive the two year homestay requirement, and is trying to get back home to me but it's very difficult and a long process. I am so stressed, and I try to stay away from the house as much as possible to keep away from my mom. I am a full time student, but I am just having a hard time. I cry almost every day from missing my husband and then my mom is controlling and overbearing, and that's putting it lightly. This IS NOT the environment a pregnant lady needs to be in but I have no where else to live.

HeatherBelle82

Asked by HeatherBelle82 at 8:00 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm sorry to hear you're going through all this. I can't imagine the level of stress you must be at!
    Do you at least have any friends nearby that you can talk to? You might put out some feelers and see if there is a local moms group you can join. I know having as much support, especially in your situation, is vital.
    I hope everything works out, and your hubby is back before the baby comes! Best wishes!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:20 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I would try looking into some income based aparments until your hubby gets back. That way you don't have to live with your mom. Good luck.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 11:37 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Yeah, I am on the HUD waiting list. Thank you guys, it's just been a very difficult time for me. And I wish I had more friends to talk to about everything, but I am not sure they would understand. I am trying my best to hang in right now.
    HeatherBelle82

Comment by HeatherBelle82 (original poster) at 8:01 PM on Sep. 19, 2010