Are there any dentist's out there?? I need help!

I had my third molar (tooth extraction) removed on thurs. It's sat night, and my face is VERY swollen and I am in so much pain!!I am taking percocet that the Dr gave me, and it is not helping!! Now my whole head hurts! And my ears and throat! I don't think it is dry socket, because My lymph nods are not swollen. I am waiting for an On-Call Dentist to call me back but it has been hours! I live in a very small town, and we only have a couple of dentist's, with the nearest hospital 45 min away!! (And the Hosp is even very small) What can I do?? I am alone, with two children (5 and 6) and I can hardly talk! I was wondering if it was infected, but I don't have a fever (however I have been taking percocet and IBP 800's. Is it normal to have this much pain? I didn't with my last tooth extraction. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thank you!!

sara97411

Asked by sara97411 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Health

• you could have an infection it is very painful and most pain medicine does not help, you need to get an antibiotic asap if it is an infection/ but yes i have had an infection in my mouth and my face was swollen and i never did run a fever but my ear hurt along with my throat. your headach could be caused by the percocet wiyh some people they get horrable headaches when they take those. i hope this was helpful but get ahold of the dentist because if it is an infection it will get worse and more painful
    sdeignan

Answer by sdeignan at 10:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2008