My c-section is scheduled for Tuesday the 21st, but i have a sore throat. If it isn't better by then will they postpone my surgery??

chiachick2005

Asked by chiachick2005 at 8:04 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Nope, you'll still have your baby that day.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 8:07 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• No..... I don't see why they would. Maybe if you had strep. But its 3 days away and if you haren't running a fever, there's no concern.. You could be totally over it by then. The only thing I would think you might be aware of (and make you anesthesiologist aware of) is that you might need to suck on ice chips after midnight and in the morning. I was at the tail end of a cold with my youngest and that's what I did for my tickle cough. You just can't DRINK, but ice chips are fine.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:12 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• No they won't make you wait. I had a sinus infection when I had my c-section with my daughter. They did not even think twice about doing it.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 8:21 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I ask because on the information sheet they gave me it says to let them know ahead of time if i have a cold, sore throat, or fever. I feel like i can't move already and really don't want to wait any longer to hold my precious baby girl. I have already waited 39 weeks.
    chiachick2005

Comment by chiachick2005 (original poster) at 8:24 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I would ask your doc about that one. I think if you had a fever, they might, but it's unlikely they would move it. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:16 PM on Sep. 18, 2010