Are any other Michigan voters upset?!

I feel like we've been told by both major candidates that we don't matter to them! Obama refused to campaign here during the primary because our votes weren't going to count thanks to our date being pushed up...now McCain has announced that he is done campaigning in Michigan. When our economy is in the crapper and our unemployment rate is sky high, you think we would be a little more important to them!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm from Michigan too, and yes!!! I'm so frustrated by things right now. I feel like candidates need to earn our votes. I will not be voting for either Obama and McCain in this election. I guess that big plan to push up our primary to "make us more important' didn't work!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:37 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I am a Michigander, born and raised, though living in Texas now and I feel your pain. I have a lot of family still in Michigan. I came from upper middle class so many of my family isn't effected by the economy in Michigan, however, I have many friends who are. It saddens me, I LOVE Michigan, I'm a diehard Michigander! I am sorry.......Palin is begging to go to Michigan.
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 9:09 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• As far as I have read, it appears that the economic plan in Michigan pretty well aligns with Obama's so, I think we should all start worrying.

And sorry they aren't campaigning near you. I live in a potential swing state, they won't leave us alone. I am sick of the ads!
    Anonymous

• I would like to send you facts regarding Obama's policies and proposals to give you insight as to what he believes. You can PM me if you are interested. I believe an informed voter is the best!
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 9:11 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Whether a candidate campaigns in your state or not I'm with blessed5x....be an informed voter. See what each of the candidates stand for or take on of the many "who should I vote for?" quizzes you can take online. Just google the above phrase and a bunch will pop up.
    reenie63

Answer by reenie63 at 9:16 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I think you should go to non patisan websites like the WLOV and get information. this way you can vote based on facts rather then what people from either party are saying.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 9:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I think every state's important...not just those with the larger number of electoral votes. I think it's crappy that they avoid some of our citizens completely, and bombard the rest of us with absolute horse sh*t.

I agree with ny though--the League of Women Voters is a good site, and being an informed voter is important. I think people should definitely check out the candidate's own websites, also, but there are a lot of objective, non-partisan sites out there.

We're next to a swing state--and because we're such close neighbors and share a lot of the TV stations, we've been getting hit with presidential ads AND state rep/senatorial ads. It's unbelievable, and really irritating/sickening to say the least to see what some of them are saying about each other...especially from those running for state offices.
    MammaMiaMA

Answer by MammaMiaMA at 10:38 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Well, McCain can't afford to. He promised to follow the Campaign Finance Rules and can't raise or spend the kind of money that Obama can. He has to pick and choose where to spend the limited money allowed him. Obama promised to follow the same rules but decided that unlimited money raising and spending was the way to go and backed out of his pledge.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:08 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Obama has spent of $90 million in campaign ads and is including ads in video games and pretty much bought a tv channel. A bit arrogant when you sit and make claims that the so many people you want to MAKE CHANGE FOR are suffering in this economy and you arrogantly spend and spend and spend to make redundant 'empty worded' promises in an ad or better yet mudsling in an ad. I mean, really if Americans that he claims to speak for are hurting so bad--where'd he get all this money from? He's out spent every politician this season and no one's truly asked where'd he get the money from. People are hurting financially and you throw away money on ads--kind of a slap in the face. Ahh but Obama is arrogant and inexperienced. I'm a Democrat that didn't get hoodwinked and didn't vote Obama.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• here is the website for the women league of voters. they don't endorse any candidate. they focus on the issue. most people here ar ejust going to tell you what's good about their candidate of choice or what's bad about the other. but they are very fair and you can make up your own mind.
    good luck.

http://www.lwv.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Home
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 2:43 AM on Oct. 19, 2008