Just my kids or my siblings as well??

Ever since our mother's fatal death we haven't really celebrated any holidays together. But i want to celebrate with both of my kids this year. Should I speak to my 2 brothers and 1 sister about doing something family oriented, or just let them know what I would like to do?? I think they would be ok with this but my sister has 2 kids that i would also love to see on Christmas. My oldest brother is having a baby in march and maybe he would like to start doing more family things. Any thoughts?!?

chiachick2005

Asked by chiachick2005 at 8:16 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Holidays

• My extended family gathers at Thanksgiving - brother and wife, sister and husband and 2 kids, my family , husband, 4 children, 1 daughter-in-law, my dad's siblings and families, my mom's siblings and families. Its a loud, fun group and we have a great time every year.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:21 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Ask them and let them decide. If you don't they might feel left out.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:23 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I would talk to them about it, even if its not for Christmas maybe another time would work better. I am close with my sisters but not as close with my brother and I really feel that I miss out a lot on my neice and vice versa :)
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 8:48 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Let them know how much you miss them and what you would like to do - it'll be great to bring the family together after all that time has passed. Family is important! You don't know what you've got til' it's gone - true statement.
    ladycertz

Answer by ladycertz at 12:27 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I think it is a great idea to get the family together for the holidays. My extended family all come over to our house to celebrate on Christmas eve. Family is important. You should definetely call your brothers and sister up and see how they feel about it, hopefully they'll all agree that getting together is a wonderful idea.
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 3:11 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• how about holding a family open house set the times and see who stops by. I would also ask them what they would like to do.
    steveiguana

Answer by steveiguana at 2:12 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• My DH's family never got together after his mother passed away. So in a way, I kind of know what you mean. I think you should just call them, maybe invite them over and tell them what you want to do. I don't see why they'd be opposed to it.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 3:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• my hubby's family use to get together every year till his grandmother passed away and now some of them don't even speak to each other like they did before but i can't say much my family is the same way since our mother passed away too.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 10:03 AM on Sep. 20, 2010