• In the Spotlight:

I am thinking of going vegitarian and have a ?'s and just need advice

I would love to go vegetarian for the health benefits and because of the hormones in meat and other reasons but I was always raised as meat being the main part of the meal. Hoe do you feel full and give veggies and stuff different flavors. I think I would get bored of just eating fruits, veggies, salads, and pasta. So please give me some advice. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I was wondering the same thing. I am also interested in this answer.
    wifeygurl

Answer by wifeygurl at 8:17 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• do some research. find out what nutrients you will be missing out on by not eating meat, then find out what veggies have those nutrients in them. then find recipes with those in them that sound good to you.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:26 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• My dh and I rarely eat meat. We just eat normal foods without it...pizza, stirfry, whatever! Make sure you get enough protein. I eat a lot of home raised eggs, nuts and cheese. The Joy of Cooking has lots of great recipes and offers a huge variety of dishes.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 8:55 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• read this article

http://www.nealhendrickson.com/mcdougall/030700pumeatinthehumandiet.htm
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 9:00 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I have some pretty fun veggie recipes on my site

Daniellecooks.wordprress.com
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:47 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Legumes: Bean; lentils etc have lots of protein and are excellent vegetarian substitutes. We eat a lot of beans. Also look for Quinoa. Its a grain, but is a "perfect" protein as it contains all the amino acids that make up protein and is a good substitute for rice.
    Don't go cold turkey, make small changes, like start experimenting w/ vegetarian recipes such as black bean burgers, tofu stirfry etc.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 11:34 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Raise your consumption of vegetables and rise your consumption of cheese, fish and beans for protein. Eat Morning Star Variety foods.
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 1:04 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• You can make anything vegetarian. Mexican, Chinese, Italian, Indian, Mediterranean. PM me if you want to know how. I was raised vegetarian, but now eat meat after being vegetarian for 24 years. My DD is vegetarian though. She has never eaten meat & she does not want to try it at all! LOL!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:23 PM on Sep. 19, 2010