Where do I start????

My son is ready to be potty trained and I dunno where to start. Someone please help..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i got my dd her own potty and started taking her when i went. when she understood what she was supose to do i started taking her really often, like every 20 or 30 minutes to sit on the potty. after a while she understood she needed to tell me if she needed to go and would tell me and i didnt have to take her as often but i still took her every hour just to be sure.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:23 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I wish I could help! Potty training my daughters was easy but my son shows no interest and runs the opposite direction every time I mention the potty!! I have had several friends with boys give me suggestions though...one suggested a little bit of dish soap in the toilet so he can make "bubbles" and another said cheerios as a target for the boys to aim at...yet another said teach em sitting down first and then once they get the hang of it try the standing up part otherwise be prepared for cleaning the ceiling among other areas of the bathroom!! lol!!!
    Dodgermommy

Answer by Dodgermommy at 10:50 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• get a potty, the easiest way to start I think is to put them on it right before bath time, so while your getting the water ready etc just let them sit on the potty to get used to it and if they do something thats great if they dont they still get used to sitting there as they begin to get it you put them on it all the time every 1/2 hr or so until they can start telling you they need to go.......by then you can get rid of the diapers and start with pants....most of the time they dont like the feeling of an accident and will catch on after a couple.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 8:27 AM on Sep. 19, 2010