How Do i get my son to eat well at his preschool? My son does not want to eat very well at his preschool...i think he might be a little overwhelmed with all the children around him! What do you think? anybody please let me know?

MillyMami

Asked by MillyMami at 8:42 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Does he eat a good breakfast with you? Does he eat a good dinner with you?
    If you say yes, to those - then don't worry about lunch at preschool.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:45 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• my dd just started kindergarten and she is the same way. they have a snack time and lunch, she normally eats her snack then takes a couple bites of her lunch, but that's it. she stars school at 8:20 and has a good breakfast before school. she gets out of school at 1:20 and whatever she doesn't eat from her lunch, she eats as soon as she gets home.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 8:50 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I agree with twinsplus2more. As long as he has a good breakfast and dinner I wouldn't worry to much about lunch. He could always eat something when he gets home.
    stedim

Answer by stedim at 8:57 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• is he a picky eater at the best of times??? I ask because my sisters son is a bad eater period but at daycare he is even worse, he would eat nothing, so now she packs his lunch with things from home that he is familiar with and sometimes he will eat it even if its jsut a small amt of yogurt or something at least its something, maybe if you try something he is familar with he may be more comfortable to start with.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 8:18 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• the only thing you can do is pack a healthy balanced lunch. if he doesn't want to eat, he's not going to. as long as he's eating breakfast and dinner, i wouldn't worry about it.
    my 4 year old doesn't eat much of his lunch at school, but eats at home. i dont worry about it.
    MommyToEthan

Answer by MommyToEthan at 10:05 AM on Sep. 19, 2010