It seems like every job i get stresses me out and i either end up quiting or getting fired, what's wrong with me?

All I can think about is my husband, my baby, wanting to live my dream as a comotolagist and photographer and own my own buisness, wanting to lose weight, and wanting to get right with God. I Keep feeling like a failure!!! How can I stop these feelings and make myself straighten up?

BabyRiley

Asked by BabyRiley at 8:44 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• When you are at work. Only think of work. Stop thinking of all this other stuff that does not pertain to your job. Leave your home life at home.

Answer by louise2 at 8:46 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Self-discipline is the key. Acceptance that you must work, and then focus on that while you are at work. When you go home, focus on home. And take it one day at a time. Control your thoughts, discipline your mind.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:30 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Do something that you love to do. What do you LOVE?
    MyKidsSccrMom

Answer by MyKidsSccrMom at 9:34 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I like what Anna said. Most of us have to get over the fact that we have to work like most other people in this world. Make time for your dreams/ hobbies so you find self-fulfilling pleasure also. If you have to work to pay your bills then this is a top priority. You can always be right with God as He is always right 'with' you. Don't overwhelm yourself with goals, maybe try 1 at a time and find peace at your workplace so your inner peace can be felt too.
    Mommameeah

Answer by Mommameeah at 9:47 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Maybe focus on one goal at a time at first. Write down specific steps you are going to do to make it happen. Also think about why you have been fired and try to improving those areas. If you want to own your own business being a good employee now might give you some important skills you need to run a business.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:10 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• You are not a good follower. You want to lead. If you can find a job where YOU are the boss, that would be ideal. Which might mean in-home work or a self-employment situation. Otherwise, it is important, as my mother always told me, to do the best you can on any job you have. Even if you don't particularly like it.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:58 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Well, you need to buckle down and stay at one job - develop perseverance. If you are jumping from job to job, your resume will be a disaster and no one will hire you. If you want to start your own business, no lender would fund you with a spotty work history. No one ever said work was fun. That is why it is called "work."

My advice may sound dry but it is NOT meant in a spirit of meanness - I have managed a business for many, many years and see hundreds of resumes come across my desk.

If you truly are interested in your own business, begin with business classes at a community college to get a feel for it.

The best of luck to you!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2010