? for moms who have there tubes tyed *TMI* adult content

I got mine tied back in march of this year, i havent had problems since execpt my period have gotten heavier over the months. well its gotten so bad im wearing super tampons and super pads and still leaking all over the place. this morning when i got out of bed i thought i peed myself it ran down my leg, soaked my clothes, got all over the carpet and bed. It happened twice after that once was in the front yard when gettting out to the car this afternoon. That was so embarassing. A pad and tampon only hold a max of 2 hours and thats really pushing it. so my question is does anyone else have this problem? Im not cramping at all, which isnt normal for me, usually im cramping so bad i cant move.

koensmom22

Asked by koensmom22 at 8:48 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Health

• have you talked to your gyn about this?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:51 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• You should go get checked just in case something is wrong. My period got heavier after my tubel. But not like that.

Answer by louise2 at 8:52 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• no not yet, its usually heavy but its never been like this, this is the first time ive ever had it running down my legs with a pad and tampon.
    koensmom22

Comment by koensmom22 (original poster) at 8:54 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I would get checked out soon as you can.

I was just diagnosed with Chronic Endometriosis.......though I actually had MANY years of bad periods and being very very heavy......I had my tubes tied after I had my son 6 yrs ago and my periods seem to have gotten a bit worse then as well.......but moreso recently.......clots the size of golf balls and bigger........periods lasting from 10-18 days.

I am 48 yrs old....had my little love at 42........but I had hoped for a much lighter FLOW every month and instead I got the volcano that spewes every month! I will admit til recently I had to resort to wearing Adult DEPENDS pull ups! NO lie! I was gushing. Im on progesterone til I see my doc next week.

Please get checked by an OB/GYN! You may need an endometrial biopsy done and I will admit it hurts like HELL....but after a trans vaginal...they can see whats going on and if you have fibroids as well.

GOOD LUCK MOMMA!!!!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 9:14 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• i do have pcos, after my daughter was born in 2008 i didnt have a period for over a year and it took them that look to figure out that long to diagnose me with PCOS. once we got that straighten out i got on hormones, my peroids were normal, I even got pregnant but sadly lost the baby and decide than since that was my second second trimester lost I wanted to get my tubes tyed. And since i got my tubes tyed i havent even had to take my hormones to have my periods anymore. But I do need to get in with my gyn and talk to him about this.
    koensmom22

Comment by koensmom22 (original poster) at 9:24 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Definately speak to the OBGYN and insist on being checked. Personally I never had cramps until I HAD kids. Now I have them. Could be the same thing with you and your flow got heavier.

Good luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:24 PM on Sep. 18, 2010