I'm more nervous about labor the 2nd time around!!! was or is anyone else??

I'm due this Halloween with my second baby. I don't know if it's because I'm attempting a vbac this time around or I know what labor feels like ( I was in labor for 17 hours with my first, got to 10 cm then my sons head turned and risked his neck breaking. thefore csection) but I'm definitly dreading it this time around! anyone else??? or did anyone else?

luvsgriffin

Asked by luvsgriffin at 8:54 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• my first was super easy so i was so scared the second would be horrible, but it wasn't bad. but now that i've had 2 that were pretty easy, i'm due november 10th and scared again that this time i won't luck out again. So i guess we'll see what goes, but i think everyone is a bit nervous each time. Good luck. And congrats.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 8:59 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• i'm due oct 24, and i'm very nervous about labor. i'm very scared of having a c section this time, even though i didnt the first time. i'm afraid the baby will come early. i'm afraid i'll have the baby in the car! i have all this worry about crazy things happening, even though the first time went very smoothly. a 17 hr labor would be welcome though, my first was 34 hrs, with almost 3 hrs of pushing.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:00 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• oh goodness jennifer that's a long labor! Why are you having a section this time around?? I'm soo nervous about attempting the vbac this time but I know I'll beat myself up about it if I dont. Everyone I know says c sections are a breeze if you expect them and they aren't an emergency type situation.
    luvsgriffin

Comment by luvsgriffin (original poster) at 9:03 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• i dont plan on having one. i'm afraid i will need one. talking to my husband about all my worries about things helps a lot. he is a very calm person and reasures me a lot. also talking to the doctor has helped.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:08 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• This is my third. Due Oct.30th. I think I'm even more afraid this time than last 2 times. Course I tried for epi and the anesthesia guy poked me 7 times and I only ended up with my left upper leg numb! So 2 natural births so far... hope epi works this time!
    joleigh81

Answer by joleigh81 at 9:15 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• ha so I guess it's normal to stress out over laboring with each pregnancy. I'm also stressing out about my 2 year old son and where hes going to be the whole time and if he's going to be ok. lol so much stuff to worry about but it will all work it's self out hopefully
    luvsgriffin

Comment by luvsgriffin (original poster) at 9:29 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I was the same way with my second! He will be fine. It just means your a food mommy! My son was born on Halloween and so was i! Very fun bday to have! Hoping this one isn't also a Halloween baby would like her to have he own bday
    joleigh81

Answer by joleigh81 at 9:38 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Feelings of nervousness are normal for an expecting mother whether it's your 1st or 10th time; granted the level of anxiety probably changes in some regard after a few births. It's kind of like if you were to have surgery, you know which outcome is desired but you also know there are many variables. Remember, your body knows what to do so listen to it & trust it. Also, you'll be in the care of healthcare professionals who desire the same happy-healthy end results that you do. Be optimistic and realize your body is strong and give your mind the positive energy it needs, beginning now. I learned with natural delivery to NOT fight it which I was doing due to fear. As soon as I went along with what my body was designed to do, it went much smoother. Be confident, be strong! Amp yourself up for the best birhting experience you can have. :) blessings to you
    Mommameeah

Answer by Mommameeah at 9:39 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Lol good mommy.
    joleigh81

Answer by joleigh81 at 9:39 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• well u sound a little like me. I had a csection wiht my first but was in labor for 21 hours. I had a vbac with my second (she was born 6 weeks early) but i was super nervous bc I wanted a vbac so bad and wasnt sure how things would play out bc she was so early. the delivery went fine though. GOOD LUCK
    ProudMama4ever

Answer by ProudMama4ever at 10:13 PM on Sep. 18, 2010