What should I do?

I went to the doctor on Wednesday, (I was/(am?) 16 weeks pregnant) and the OBGYN did some tests because for some reason, my Hcg levels have dropped extremely low. I've also had lower back pain that makes my left leg go numb at times, with severe pain in my right shoulder. I have another appointment on Monday to get test results and get an ultrasound....but right now, I'm extremely nauseous (I haven't thrown up), and I have a lot of pain in my lower abdomen. Should I go to the ER or just wait until Monday? This may sound like a stupid question, but I really need to know. I don't want to overreact.

DereksBabyMomma

Asked by DereksBabyMomma at 8:56 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think you should call your OB's nurse line or afterhours number. It may just be normal pains from your body stretching or it may be something more. They will tell you if they think you should go to the ER.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 8:58 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I would go to the ER if the abdominal pain is unbearable!! Be sure to tell them that you had test ran and maybe they can look up the results. I would go to the hospital that you doctor attends though. Good Luck to you! And remember dont worry until they give you a reason to worry!!
    confusedgirl919

Answer by confusedgirl919 at 8:59 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• call your doc's office or go in.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:03 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• if the pain becomes unbearable i would go to the ER. right now I would call the OB/Gyn after hours number. find out what they want you to do hon.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 9:05 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I agree with all the other ladies...but one thing I wonder...have they done an ultrasound? Sounds like it COULD maybe be an etopic pregnancy... is it hurting mainly on one side? I'm not trying to scare you at all just throwing out suggestions
    PerfectLove910

Answer by PerfectLove910 at 9:10 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• my doctor says she's going to do an ultrasound on monday. one thing after another has prevented me from getting everything i've needed to, when i've needed it....including the first ultrasound, so monday's is going to be the first one.

I called my OBGYN's nurse line, they said to take it easy and see if it might go away. if it gets worse, go to the ER asap.
    DereksBabyMomma

Comment by DereksBabyMomma (original poster) at 9:25 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• And, yes, it is on one side...the back pain is on the left, and the shoulder pain is on the right.
    DereksBabyMomma

Comment by DereksBabyMomma (original poster) at 9:27 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Make sure you are drinking plenty of water as well, it is very easy to become dehydrated when you are pregnant and it can cause cramping and contractions.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 9:34 PM on Sep. 18, 2010