Ugh This is SO ANNOYING!!

When your trying to be a mom, or trying to calm your baby down, or trying to sooth your baby and another mom tells you what to do, or how to do it..

or my personal favorite... when another mom tells you, here give him to me I will make him feel better, and takes away your kid and you feel like the biggest loser ever. Really??? Mind your own business!!

I would NEVER intervene on a mother trying to soothe or calm her child. Seriously people that is IRRITATING!!

One of these days I am going to SNAP and tell them to mind their own business! Miss Perfect Mother who can't do anything wrong and has ALL the answers.

UGH!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• I've had someone tell me to hand them MY baby and I VERY RUDELY said, "You touch my baby and I'll snap your wrist."

Needless to say.... she didn't test me.

:)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:16 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• OMG!!! yeah that would totally piss me off!
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:16 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• The only time I EVER take a baby away from a mother that is trying to sooth the baby is when the mother looks like she's about to lose it and only if I know the mother. I will say "I'm going to hold 'him' for a sec so you can take a good deep breath and come back to 'him' composed."
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:18 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• i'd have to say my MIL is the worst about doing this!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:18 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• that would tick me off sooo much!!!
    americanadian25

Answer by americanadian25 at 9:19 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• lol what's even MORE annoying: the same thing happening from a person who doesn't have kids... i know what you mean i HATE that shit... i was out to dinner recently with a friend who is a new mom and the waitress scared the baby and she started crying... my friend apologized for taking the baby - she must've had some real obnoxious people to deal with! my response was don't apologize, it's YOUR baby, of course she wants to be comforted by you. i'm going to have to remember a good way to respond to people like that - maybe it's "thanks for sharing" then go about what you were doing... it's been a while (my daughter just turned 19) but i'm about to have to contend with that again, i'm sure.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:22 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Aww sometimes I would be grateful for the break and let the other mom try to help.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:24 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• My mother in law was the worst at the hospital. She had stayed too long and my son was hungry. I was trying to learn to nurse and she knew I didn't want her there. DS was screaming, I was crying, and she kept coming back in asking if everything was okay with the baby. I finally screamed at her to get out and I would take care of MY baby.
    Angie211

Answer by Angie211 at 9:26 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Unless I asked for the advice, then I would stick to what I usually do
    msbrewton

Answer by msbrewton at 9:56 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Ahh man.. Everyone has their own parenting style. Theres no ONE right way to do anything when it comes to YOUR child YOU choose what's best for him or her & yourself. I haven't yet had my baby and I've got people trying to tell me what to do with her. Jeeze.. It is irritating. I can just imagine what it's going to be like in 2 weeks when she's actually here. Thankfully, my mother, grandmother and mother-in-law aren't like that, and they are who I will gladly take advice from.
    JazziesMom2010

Answer by JazziesMom2010 at 12:22 AM on Sep. 19, 2010