Have you ever gotten a false positive?

I took two tests today and there were two lines but the second was sooo faint, both times... what do u think?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 9:15 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've been pregnant 4 times and never got a false positve :) The faintness of the line is probably because you might be testing a little early or your urine is diluted. I say congrats :) Test again with first morning urine..or wait a few days and test again and you will see the line darker. A line is a line mama!!
    PerfectLove910

Answer by PerfectLove910 at 9:17 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• most likey you are pregnant - if even a faint line it still counts. however, i have gotten a false positive - two tests in one day both were like you describe. i can't remember which brand. however, there is a risk if you wait too long to read to it of getting a false positive... a vet tech friend of mine explained it to me lol. but any other time i received accurate results...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:18 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• no, false positives don't really happen. A faint line is still a positive! congrats :)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:18 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I've never gotten a false positive. Faint line = PREGNANT
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:20 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• yes. i had a few of them when i had cysts. but false positives are very rare.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:20 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• No, I haven't. Sounds like you're pregnant, congrats!
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 9:29 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• positive is positive. I say congrats! but if your worried test first thing in the morning. Good luck
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 9:32 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• i had some faint lines too and now i have a beautiful 9 week old baby girl : ) congrats!!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 9:48 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• False negatives are possible but there is little to a false positive. I would say you're knocked up :) My test was a faint line and I had a blood test that day to confirm it.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 10:12 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Congrats! I have had several. I have PCOS so it is common with my disorder. Unless you have it or something else that can cause it, it is so rare that I owuld say welcome to motherhood!!!!!
    pinkie23

Answer by pinkie23 at 10:18 PM on Sep. 18, 2010