any mom's have a menally ill teenager?

over the last 9 mo.s or so my 17DD has been in and out of mental health facilities, each 1 having different diagnosis....but bipolor and scizoaffective have stayed the same....any how she seems to be a completely different person ... Im having a hard time dealing with all of this and at the same time feel like I have lost my DD...a large part of my world....any thought / idea's ...prayer greatly appericated !!!!

Mrae

Asked by Mrae at 9:24 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• I will pray for you. I know how hard this can be. My DD was diagnosed just recently at age 10 with BiPolar. I know how frightened I was. Hopefully with some good, close friends, and great therapists, she can work thru some stuff. They are not curable, Treatment for schizoaffective disorder and BiPolar (which is part of schizoaffective disorder consists of a combination of medicine, psychotherapy and psychosocial rehabilitation focused on recovery or symptom management, depending on a patient's unique situation. I was at one time diagnose BiPolar. It is not the end of the world, but the beginning. truly amazing people in history have had really bad mental illness. I wish you luck. Be there for her and maybe look into some therapy for yourself to help in understanding and coping yourself.
    Anidawehiwahya

Answer by Anidawehiwahya at 10:09 PM on Sep. 18, 2010