How do you get involved with things that go on at your child/children school?

msbrewton

Asked by msbrewton at 9:24 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• Find out when your local parent association meets - PTO, APT, PTA.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:26 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Just ask. At my son's preschool you have options such as bringing in snacks, helping out during parties, or helping out when a teacher is sick. I do all these things.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:28 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• i am in ivolved in the PAC (parents action commitee) and we discuss all the events that go on in the school, we come up with fundraising ideas, field trips, sports days, theme days etc..plus its a good way to get to hear what all the teachers are like for when shes in a higher grade (shes currently in gr 1)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 9:29 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• So far my oldest is only in Pre-K so I am the class mom. :)

As far as the daycare goes for my others I offer to help out any way I can. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:30 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• volunteer in the classroom- help grade papers, give extra attention to kids who need more hands on help, go on field trips, etc
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:42 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• When my daughter has a party at school I usually bake many different sweets and finger foods. She wants to take them to her school herself but I don't feel comfortable with her doing that. I take them about 30 minutes before the party starts and ask if they would like an extra set of hands for the party.
    I also volunteer for field trips. This is a huge area in which they need as many people as possible. I do the PTA as well.
    pinkie23

Answer by pinkie23 at 10:15 PM on Sep. 18, 2010