Anyone had a Hysterectomy due to Chronic Endometriosis? Or had one for what ever reason? adult content

Recently diagnosed with this at the ripe age of 48 with one 6 yr old child.

My questions are, I guess depending on which method of surgery they use, how long did it take you to recover?

Once home from the hospital, how long before you could do every day chores, cooking, etc. yourself??

What foods did they suggest you eat, once home?

Any special diet? or Light exercise?

How long before you were able to drive?

I understand we all heal at our own paces, as its up to our own body to heal.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice, or tips.......

Thanx!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Health

• I had a full hysterectomy at the ripe age of 32. a lifetime of agony and pain. finally OVER. they made me do hormone treatments of various types for a year while also giving me heavy pain meds. it was that bad. finaly my health insurance gave in on approving the surgery. I had a vaginal lapriscipic procedue. I would say FULL recovery was about 4 weeks for NO more pain of any kind. I was driving about a week later. same with being up on my feet doing light housework. no lifting of any kind though. no special diet or foods. the worst part was waking up to find out they had had to take my only remaining ovary. when they were inside me , it was grey. instead of pink. they suspected a very early precancerous state and removed it. lab tests proved they were right to do so. so going in to full medical menopause at 32 was ROUGH. stil easier than the pain i had suffered for YEARS
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 9:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I had partial vaginal (they left the ovaries in) at 40. My monthly cycle was to the point that I could not leave the house or the bathroom. Afterwards, I had 9 weeks of recovery, my mother came and helped my husband with our 3 1/2 son for the whole time. My gyn even fixed my vagina that resemble the Colorado River after the birth of my son (I ripped from here to there and beyond). Let me tell you after having that fixed Sex was definitely better and more enjoyable. No diet change. After 2 weeks I was able to slowing start walking up and down the street but no more than 10 house lengths 2x's a day and I was only allowed to go up the stairs at home once and down once per day for the first 2 weeks. After that taking it easy until I followup at the end of 9 weeks. Gyn gave me the ok to resume everything else at a slow pace. It's been great not having to deal with the monthly mess for the last 7 years.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 11:13 PM on Sep. 18, 2010