has anyone ever had a "skin boil"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Health

• Yes, on my inner thigh. It hurt soooo bad. My doctor told me not to drain it and to not let the fluid leak everywhere because it will create more boils. And it did. It was awful.The fluid carrys a form of staph bacteria. So if it gets into any of the skin poers or hair follicles it creates a new boil.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:06 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Probably most people have had at least one at some time in their lives.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:49 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Yes, about seven years ago on my left arm. It became quite painful right before it ruptured due to the pressure of my skin being streched so much. I have no idea what caused it but felt instant relief once it ruptured.

I immediately went to see my doctor when I noticed the redness start creeping up my arm. I was pregnant and didn't want to the infection to get out of hand. My doctor prescribed an anti-biotic but otherwise just let the boil rupture on it's own.
    KendraR

Answer by KendraR at 9:51 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• yes on my face when i was a teen, had to get it drained and then stitched
    sissy35

Answer by sissy35 at 10:10 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• i am getting one right now itsstill a lil pimple an its just so gross an im a diabetic so i have to act fast with it so i buy this lil stinky medicine its calld prid an i put some over an put a bandaid on an like in two days its gone i never let them getbig
    babykathy09

Answer by babykathy09 at 12:34 AM on Sep. 19, 2010