OMG

i took my girls to a hair salon today and also got my hair cut. my oldest sits down gets her hair washed then they tell me she has lice. I am like What? So i go home and we go through her hair guess what it is NOT Lice it is dandruff. you think a hairstylist would know the difference. my daughter was so embarrassed. here is the thing we had been sharing the same hairbrush for 2 weeks , i usually have my own but it accidently got thrown out. Anyway they tell me oh your fine your youngest is fine. I even had my mom check her hair she said the same thing there was no lice just dandruff. i was so mad, she embarrassed my daughter because she did not want to get off her A__ because she wanted to sit down til her time to get off. i am calling them tommorrow. Shoot i even asked my aunt who is also a hairstylist to check her and there was nothing there. I am so mad. I would understand if she did have them i know it can happen.

sherryb1273

Asked by sherryb1273 at 9:49 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Health

• Don't you think that they would learn this in beauty school, I would. Still, she was probably so lazy that she was looking for an excuse not to do it. I hope you didn't have to pay for it. It wasn't worth the embarassment to your daughter.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:06 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I dunno. I have been a hair stylist for 13 years and lice is lice and dandruff is dandruff. The stylist could have been a total idiot - that is a possibility. Even the dumb stylist I have worked with in the past knew the difference. Maybe have your family doc or the school nurse take a look. But I will stay... as a stylist... the least favorite part of my job is telling the family. :( I always try to pull the parent aside and show them EXACTLY what I am seeing, show them now its different from dandruff because the white spots are sort of lightly glued to the strand of hair, and advise them on now to eliminate their little problem as descretely as possible.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 10:04 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• omg!
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 9:54 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Yeah it makes me angry that someone is to lazy to do their job and totally embarrasses a child like that grr
    sherryb1273

Comment by sherryb1273 (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• That happened to me in grade school! My sister and I were getting our hair cut mine was almost to my butt. The lady clipped my hair up cut the underneath side and said oh theres lice eggs here. (Turns out it was not) Anyways they sent me home with half a haircut and finished my sisters! I was humiliated! There were other people there staring, my hair was f'ed up. SO my grandma finished it, but hacked it to my ears, and said "Sorry sweetie, I've only ever cut men's hair." What a humiliating time! I don't really know what you can do, but I'm sorry for you little girl, I know exactly how bad that sucks.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 9:56 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• poor girl does not ever want to go back to them again. i mean if she had them yes i would understand but be discreet. it was not lice just laziness :( sadly my girl is still upset by it. i got her some dandruff shampoo. so she is feeling a bit better about herself
    sherryb1273

Comment by sherryb1273 (original poster) at 4:57 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• updated - Well i called the school nurse this am , she was like i checked her hair last week and it was fine but i will check it again. so she calls me back and says there is Nothing there but a little dandruff.  I am relieved and i got her a god strong dandruff shampoo. and i left a message for the hair salon to have the manager call me back. So this weekend after a few shampoos of the dandruff shampoo she will be getting her hair cut. She says she will never step foot in that salon again. and As a mom i can't blame her. if they had been right and not being lazy  we would use them again. thank you for all the info.

sherryb1273

Comment by sherryb1273 (original poster) at 7:58 AM on Sep. 20, 2010