really bad heart burn....

pregnant but it seems like i have it alll the time? could it be something else? how can i get rid or it or pervent it.....

pinkdena

Asked by pinkdena at 9:50 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Health

• Write down what you eat and record when you get heartburn. You might notice there are certain foods/drinks that trigger it more.

I took Pepcid for my heartburn along with Tums. Both worked a little bit, but never got rid of it completely. Try to sleep sitting up a bit more than normal. That helped some. How far into your pregnancy are you?
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 9:58 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Oh, and most likely, it's just from the pregnancy. Our bodies go through quite a bit while we are pregnant, and heartburn is just one of those extra fun things we get to go through. I am so sorry, I hope you feel better soon! I know that spicy foods, tomatoes, and Mexican foods set me off big time. I couldn't drink soda during pregnancy either. Find your triggers and try to avoid them if possible.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 10:01 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Try eating some Activia yogurt. It works for me!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:16 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I had it constantly with each pregnancy. I took Tums and something else, a liquid antacid which my OB Dr. said was safe to take. You can raise the head of your bed up at night, don't eat late before going to bed and avoid triggers or spicy foods. Your abdomen is enlarging because of growing baby and hormones play a role in this too and digestion seems to slow. I avoided other prescription or OTC drugs that could have potential side effects so I don't know if that would have helped but I didn't want to take any chances. Good luck and remember it's short lived.
    Mommameeah

Answer by Mommameeah at 10:56 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• im 21 weeks and it just happens all the time- no matter what i eat
    pinkdena

Comment by pinkdena (original poster) at 10:58 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I had it really bad with my second child. They told me to take Mylanta.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:01 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• My favorite will always be good old fashion baking soda and water.
    CKasting

Answer by CKasting at 1:49 AM on Sep. 19, 2010